WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

chit chat thread

B C

Need to vent: 

Ordered bushings from Revshift on 10/24. I didn't get any update and called on 10/30 just asking if they knew when they would be going out. They said they shipped on that tuesday (10/29). I said great can you send tracking info. Nothing. I called the following day and asked for tracking info. Nothing. Called yesterday and asked them again for tracking info. Nothing. Called again today and asked for tracking info - they finally send me tracking and it was a brand new USPS tracking number with tracking info saying a label has just been created. And then they're closed for the rest of week while they're at SEMA.

I know in the bigger picture it's not a big deal at all and it's not like I'm driving the car anytime soon, but I gave them $200 and no one can tell me where the bushings are. 

1 hour ago, gilber33 said:

Need to vent: 

Ordered bushings from Revshift on 10/24. I didn't get any update and called on 10/30 just asking if they knew when they would be going out. They said they shipped on that tuesday (10/29). I said great can you send tracking info. Nothing. I called the following day and asked for tracking info. Nothing. Called yesterday and asked them again for tracking info. Nothing. Called again today and asked for tracking info - they finally send me tracking and it was a brand new USPS tracking number with tracking info saying a label has just been created. And then they're closed for the rest of week while they're at SEMA.

I know in the bigger picture it's not a big deal at all and it's not like I'm driving the car anytime soon, but I gave them $200 and no one can tell me where the bushings are. 

As a business owner myself I always try to get stuff out on time. This is the type of stuff you lose customers over. You wouldn't have been mad if they would have just told you they were running behind. Instead the gave you the runaround. 

12 hours ago, Rekpoint said:

As a business owner myself I always try to get stuff out on time. This is the type of stuff you lose customers over. You wouldn't have been mad if they would have just told you they were running behind. Instead the gave you the runaround. 

Correct. I would have been completely fine if they would have been upfront with me about where my order is. 

I should have just ordered factory bushings from FCP and been done with it. I placed an order from FCP yesterday for the AC condensor and drier and it was shipped in about 2 hours and will be here tomorrow. 

I'm also waiting on my front to rear brake lines from Chasebays and of course that was marked shipped on the 1st but according to USPS it hasn't been picked up yet. WTF is going on. 

On 11/5/2019 at 6:02 PM, gilber33 said:

Need to vent: 

yadda yadda yadda

Just following up on this. I have my bushings. They corrected the issue right away once they got back from SEMA. All is good!

Just kidding. They haven't done shit and USPS' tracking only shows that the label has been created. Talked to a guy there on Tuesday who said "Yeah, they should have definitely gotten to you by now". No fuck they should have. And then he gave me the same "I'll call USPS right now and get this squared away and call you right back" to which I rolled my eyes and of course haven't heard back yet. 

23 minutes ago, gilber33 said:

Just following up on this. I have my bushings. They corrected the issue right away once they got back from SEMA. All is good!

Just kidding. They haven't done shit and USPS' tracking only shows that the label has been created. Talked to a guy there on Tuesday who said "Yeah, they should have definitely gotten to you by now". No fuck they should have. And then he gave me the same "I'll call USPS right now and get this squared away and call you right back" to which I rolled my eyes and of course haven't heard back yet. 

Big Rip

2 hours ago, gilber33 said:

Just checking in to see if he called back or is still on hold with USPS.....

🤣

I would demand a discount. or partial refund. Tell him the car is in the shop stuck on the lift and is getting charged a storage fee.

1 hour ago, Jdesign said:

Just checking in to see if he called back or is still on hold with USPS.....

🤣

I would demand a discount. or partial refund. Tell him the car is in the shop stuck on the lift and is getting charged a storage fee.

Apparently no one is in the office today to take a phone call. So, another day without knowing what's going on with it. 

I read through their google reviews and someone a few months ago dealt with the exact same thing. 

image.png

I mean, they have a ton of positive reviews and almost every online shop sells their stuff. So I'm not doubting that 99.9% of the time they get things out quickly and on time, but damn, at least pretend to give a shit. I would have assumed that after two weeks of no update on it, they would have already sent me something. But at three weeks they're still "trying to figure it out". Shit's broken, send me new ones so I can put my car back together. 

On the up-side, my brake lines were delivered today. 

11 minutes ago, gilber33 said:

Apparently no one is in the office today to take a phone call. So, another day without knowing what's going on with it. 

I read through their google reviews and someone a few months ago dealt with the exact same thing. 

image.png

I mean, they have a ton of positive reviews and almost every online shop sells their stuff. So I'm not doubting that 99.9% of the time they get things out quickly and on time, but damn, at least pretend to give a shit. I would have assumed that after two weeks of no update on it, they would have already sent me something. But at three weeks they're still "trying to figure it out". Shit's broken, send me new ones so I can put my car back together. 

On the up-side, my brake lines were delivered today. 

I would love to develop my own polyurethane bushing brand. 

14 hours ago, GunMetalGrey said:

This is nothing new of Revshift, it has been this way since they started. You look up any thread about them and it is the same story. 
They always make it to you, just never in a timely manner. 

Last night the tracking randomly updated that the package was accepted at the USPS facility. I would love to know if USPS messed up and or if Rev never actually shipped it and sent it off to USPS last night.