WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

chit chat thread

B C

20 hours ago, rampelsauce said:

Guys I just had an idea:

Bronzit compact. 

I'm fine with this.

I understand why people hate it (looks like every Mercury Sable or or Buick Park Avenue that you you've ever seen), but I think it looks good on e30s. Maybe less so on an e36s...

Bronzit + dove interior + turbo = maximum sleeper status

WIBoomers PSA.

Maybe I'm late to the party, but it turns out I've been eating tacos wrong my whole life. I read about this technique in the Diana Kennedy book I'm going through, but couldn't quite visualize it based on the description. Did a quick search and found this demonstration (starts at 2:21, but I found the whole video entertaining):

On 8/17/2019 at 11:22 AM, HipMF said:

WIBoomers PSA.

Maybe I'm late to the party, but it turns out I've been eating tacos wrong my whole life. I read about this technique in the Diana Kennedy book I'm going through, but couldn't quite visualize it based on the description. Did a quick search and found this demonstration (starts at 2:21, but I found the whole video entertaining):

[VIDEO]

The Bob Ross of cooking...

On 8/17/2019 at 11:22 AM, HipMF said:

WIBoomers PSA.

he doesnt explain how to fold a hard shell, though. 

11 hours ago, B C said:

7C46F1E0-D9F3-4BB2-844A-200AC77F15F4.thumb.jpeg.b6c0d123ff20bd537d6d30372b7016f5.jpeg

Honestly I thought any lift that doesn't actually lift a car high enough to get under it is pointless.

That is until I saw my friends work. They detail cars and use these "Costco" jacks and he swears by them. They do PDR, vinyl wraps, and full detail and ceramic coatings. 

I know the see saw lift would smashe the nose of most of my cars, and the rear of the lotus.  Dumb idea.

Most modern unibody cars have a 'frame rail' type structure along the edge that would allow lifting there, especially spread along the rail like this does.

Getting cars partially up definitely helps for everything but actually crawling under, it only slightly helps that.  

6 hours ago, straight6pwr said:

that see-saw lift does look like a terrible idea.  and i don't think many cars would have suitable lift points right in the center of the rocker panels.

my neighbor installed a lift in his garage that only lets him lift his car about 40" off the ground. he's old though so its mostly to save the body from strain.

Sounds like my MaxJax lift I installed a few months ago. I love this thing.

More info: https://my1series.com/2019/06/13/how-to-install-maxjax-lift-in-home-garage-review-mods/

maxjax-lift-garage-20-1024x682.jpg

bmw-max-jax-lift-height.jpg

Lot's of changes for me lately!  I quit my job and started working for National Tire Wholesale last week as a Business Development Manager and am training in Chicago all this week with them.  I love it so far and it seems like it's going to be far less stressful with a higher ceiling for me.  Good news is this means I can unload a little more in my Retail Customer thread!  I also need a new company vehicle which I get a monthly allowance for.  As of right now my wife and I are looking at new campers this year so I'm looking to get into an F-150 for a company vehicle and to tow the camper.  I've looked at a couple '19 XL STX's with no success and all of them have kinda been what I want.  I found an '18 XLT that comes a little more loaded than the XL and has the Sport appearance package.