WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

chit chat thread

B C

1 hour ago, Rekpoint said:

Idk what you all are smoking. It looks light-years better then the old site. Although they could used a different theme on Vbulletin.  The original site wasn't updated since 2004 if I remember correctly. Generally a website should be updated every couple of years.

Coming from a guy that designs UI's and products all day long, its very hard to follow and is not easy on the eyes. I can all out about 4 error in 2 seconds. They literally improved nothing, just changed some colors and left everything floating in space. Its pretty bad. 

48 minutes ago, Jdesign said:

Coming from a guy that designs UI's and products all day long, its very hard to follow and is not easy on the eyes. I can all out about 4 error in 2 seconds. They literally improved nothing, just changed some colors and left everything floating in space. Its pretty bad. 

Coming from a guy that designs heavy equipment all day long its hard to contribute to this conversation

1 hour ago, Jdesign said:

Fair enough. I do agree you get "Lost" in the design of the site. A night mode would be far better. But I cant pick it apart to much because at the end of the day. It is better then the old one. What do these old E30 owners know anyways lol

11 hours ago, Rekpoint said:

Wondering why Im seeing Green coolant coming out of the new supra engine? Rip to the cooling system

Coolant is just dyed, color doesn't really matter (but I see what your getting at)

Besides that the other really cool takeaways I saw really change my perspective on that car and the engineering that went into it. The cracked rods, the intercooler design, the oil flow paths, and overall how compact it all is. The one thing that does suck is working on it will be annoying as you have to take a lot apart to service just about anything.

1 hour ago, Jdesign said:

Coolant is just dyed, color doesn't really matter (but I see what your getting at)

Besides that the other really cool takeaways I saw really change my perspective on that car and the engineering that went into it. The cracked rods, the intercooler design, the oil flow paths, and overall how compact it all is. The one thing that does suck is working on it will be annoying as you have to take a lot apart to service just about anything.

+1 coolant color.  I really liked the inception manifold design.  That's kind of of neat and a nice space saver but I'm concerned about what that's going to cost.  I wonder how it will limit the aftermarket.

8 minutes ago, patsbimmer1 said:

I really liked the inception manifold design.  That's kind of of neat and a nice space saver but I'm concerned about what that's going to cost.  I wonder how it will limit the aftermarket.

Same. I wonder if its made using a lost-wax casting process. I see they have ports in the head to have access to that manifold and the internal runners. 

4 hours ago, Jdesign said:

Same. I wonder if its made using a lost-wax casting process. I see they have ports in the head to have access to that manifold and the internal runners. 

I'd have to look closer, but I bet it's 2 or more separate molded parts that are then sonic/heat/solvent welded together around the AWIC core.

The exhaust manifold set-up is crazy though.