WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

chit chat thread

B C

1 hour ago, Rekpoint said:

Gold Rush Rally just stopped in Menomonie Wi. Always cool seeing some exotics. Though the main pack is about an hour behind a few people who passed me going 150 on i-94

Aventador SV, Hurican and a few Mclarens

The P1 is pretty incredible but most exotics just dont excite me. Something about modifying a very  basic common car gets me excited though

6 hours ago, Rekpoint said:

Awkward. In my defense I SCed a buddy's snap chat. Looks like a McLaren from the side

I dont blame you, I would have guessed McLaren on that one.

One time I thought I would check Early 2000’s Ford GT prices to see if they were in the 50’s and 60’s so that I could aspire to someday owning one.

HA

nope. They didnt quite depreciate like a Ford Tempo

3 hours ago, B C said:

I dont blame you, I would have guessed McLaren on that one.

One time I thought I would check Early 2000’s Ford GT prices to see if they were in the 50’s and 60’s so that I could aspire to someday owning one.

HA

nope. They didnt quite depreciate like a Ford Tempo

One of like 3 post 2000's American vehicles that has appreciated or remained flat lol.  Add that to the "If I win the lottery" list.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Rekpoint said:

LOL 

I went and looked at it yesterday.

I passed this car for a couple months as it sat in front of a business on my daily commute. Condition is 6/10. The worst is that the entire car was resprayed and the passenger side quarter has some bondo cracking under the paint. Otherwise that the interior has a lot of little broken parts, the fuel pump is wired to a switch very hackasuarusly, and the suspension is shot. It does have a brand new top on it and runs and drives though. Sadly the guy wont take less than $1k and I promised myself I wont bring home more projects till all of my cars run and drive.