WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

chit chat thread

B C

On 6/14/2019 at 5:59 PM, YoungCR said:

I liked the custom hydraulic lines to get those out of the way, great idea. 

Thanks! I can't imagine having to roll the cart out, connect the lines and trip over that crap every time you want to use it.

On 6/14/2019 at 7:53 PM, patsbimmer1 said:

I've been debating this.  How thick was your concrete and how much did you end up paying?  Were you able to work out any discount for the review?

My concrete is 4" thick, the minimum requirement. No discount for the review. Jegs has it on sale for $1699 and after using a $100 discount code I found (SAVEMORE), it was $1599 + tax with free shipping.

https://www.jegs.com/i/Dannmar-Equipment/296/1375659/10002/-1

MaxJax usually charges $100 for liftgate service and $40 for residential delivery. Jegs must eat that charge because I didn't have to pay anything extra to get it dropped off at my house. Shipping guy called me a few minutes before he arrived so I ran home and had him put it right in my garage.

48079441241_8b30eed570_c.jpg

10 hours ago, suspenceful said:

Thanks! I can't imagine having to roll the cart out, connect the lines and trip over that crap every time you want to use it.

My concrete is 4" thick, the minimum requirement. No discount for the review. Jegs has it on sale for $1699 and after using a $100 discount code I found (SAVEMORE), it was $1599 + tax with free shipping.

https://www.jegs.com/i/Dannmar-Equipment/296/1375659/10002/-1

MaxJax usually charges $100 for liftgate service and $40 for residential delivery. Jegs must eat that charge because I didn't have to pay anything extra to get it dropped off at my house. Shipping guy called me a few minutes before he arrived so I ran home and had him put it right in my garage.

48079441241_8b30eed570_c.jpg

That's pretty awesome.  I drilled a hole in my back garage and it's exactly 4".  Based on your pictures I can't imagine there's much you couldn't do on this lift.  Good buy!

17 hours ago, patsbimmer1 said:

That's pretty awesome.  I drilled a hole in my back garage and it's exactly 4".  Based on your pictures I can't imagine there's much you couldn't do on this lift.  Good buy!

Nice! So far, it's been great. I've been working under it almost every day since installing it... lol.

Are you looking into getting one?

2 hours ago, Nick_F said:

Yea, I have read a ton of posts on e90 and bimmerfest including this one and they all seem to point in different directions from hpfp to lpfp sensor to high pressure sensor. None of them really give a clear answer on a fix

There aren't always clear answers on a fix
Start with the easier stuff to fix / diagnose, and move to the more complicated stuff later. The internet tricks us all into thinking that we will find exactly what is wrong with out car, with one simple search. 
The internet is a great tool for narrowing down issues, and confirming common ones, but diagnosis on your own vehicle will always trump what you read online. 

48 minutes ago, GunMetalGrey said:

There aren't always clear answers on a fix
Start with the easier stuff to fix / diagnose, and move to the more complicated stuff later. The internet tricks us all into thinking that we will find exactly what is wrong with out car, with one simple search. 
The internet is a great tool for narrowing down issues, and confirming common ones, but diagnosis on your own vehicle will always trump what you read online. 

Yea that's why I was trying to see if anyone locally had this problem to compare if they had the same code and what truly helped. After hours of searching the good ol internet the possible "fixes" list just keeps growing. Started with resetting adaptions and then will start with senors before the infamous hpfp

20 hours ago, Rekpoint said:

BavSound is having at 15%off anniversary sale. I have a set in my E36 and they sound great!

+ They are the only company who makes speakers to fit directly into the doorcard speaker grills for the E36.

If your E36 needs better speakers. Highly recommend them.

What if your E36 doesnt even have door cards?

12 minutes ago, GunMetalGrey said:

I hope they used a material that would degrade in a few years.
Something about E36's with door cards falling off just feels right. 

It'd be like owning an E46 without the A or C pillar cloth falling down, ya know?

Hmmmm My doorcards have never fallen off. I guess I haven't had the full e36 experience yet?