WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

I Concur

B C

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5909595-BMW-has-certainly-made-some-Epic-cars-over-the-years&

"BMW has certainly made some epic cars over the years",

Posted Image

I try not to be a brand-loyal fanboy, but it is tough to think of a car company that has consistently made such great cars. Their smart design language, incredible engines, and balance of comfort and performance are hard to match. Better performing cars exist, but magazine statistics can be a very poor metric for trying to predict how exciting a car is to drive. Lately there have been some very competitive cars from many other automakers, but here's to hoping BMW doesn't muff it up too much in the future :D

Edited by Snap Understeer

I agree, and the cool thing is that they've managed to make cool cars in basically every single category; 3 series, 5 series, 6 series, etc.. Most brands have one or two cars that they'll redesign every 4-5 years, (aka Chevy and their Corvette, Dodge Viper, etc..). BMW has managed to make badass roadsters, coupes, sedans, verts..

I cant wait for the 335i to start dropping in price. You can already pick some up in the high teens/low 20s, and I imagine there will be some sweet aftermarket kits to replace the shitty OEM turbos and fuel pumps.

My E30 feels like Taurus whenever I drive my father-in-laws 335i. feelsbadmandotjpeg

Except between 2004-2008. Most of those years suck, mainly for 3 series.. Maintenance piglets.

E90's are the only thing that BMW did right between 2004-2009. E90's at least stayed with typical bmw designs on the interior/exterior vs the E60 5 series and E65 7 where they fucking threw it all out the window. As far as maintenance goes yeah turbos/fuel pumps were an issue on N54 but the N52 was extremely reliable.