WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Mirror Polishing

Earl

Question

Does anyone in her Excel at it? I have been working on these wheels for weeks only for them to come out sub par every time...I'm sick of it and am crying for help. I dont want to sand any more material off trying new things. If you are amazing at polishing or know someone, let me know. I want as mirror as possible and have accompolished it, but had lines:( help me out family

3 answers to this question

Does anyone in her Excel at it? I have been working on these wheels for weeks only for them to come out sub par every time...I'm sick of it and am crying for help. I dont want to sand any more material off trying new things. If you are amazing at polishing or know someone, let me know. I want as mirror as possible and have accompolished it, but had lines:( help me out family

Im no expert but once I get past a 2000 wet sand I switch to rubbing compounds and polish

I have been using Tripoli and a yellow keystone pad and haven't gotten to the blue rouge I have for finishing since I always see lines or swirls:( I went up to 1200 on a palm sander because past 800 it is considered polishing