WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Going to Road America?

SteelBlue

New shower facilities are looking fiiiirrreeee. Especially with that new one right by the sargento bridge.

Looking forward to sweating. Especially the Hawk, I am absolutely just disgusting at the end of the day. Because I get there at like 8 and am there till 5 and walking constantly. I walked 24 miles over Saturday and Sunday last year.

2 hours ago, m42b32 said:

Didn't know they were building new showers, between that and a re-paved motorplex this year should be a blast 

Well they've been under construction. Theres the new one by the Sargento bridge and they are putting one in at the top of the hill right by the bottom of 5. There was a new one that had been at turn 3 for this year.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 5/28/2018 at 8:30 PM, Rekpoint said:

2 Camp sites and a room at the Osthoff purchased. Ill see you guys there! Hopefully Im not in a rental car....

Were at camp site 590, right on the other side of hurry downs, come have a beer.

Anyone else here this weekend? I’ve seen a black on black E30 driving around, not sure if it’s anyone from here.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I took the day off today (Friday), but I have adulting to do tomorrow, so I couldn't hang around late, otherwise I would have tried to find y'all who were camping. Based on my observations, I have a feeling that there are some people out there who could really get on the throttle after all the toys are put away, if you know what I mean. May have to plan better next year... looks like a fun time.

Anyways, spent the whole day training at the photo dojo. Couldn't choose just a few favorites, so here comes the mega dump:

Blltk4g.jpg

ZLDSkWX.jpg

whLujOi.jpg

eTjRUbP.jpg

6APftoW.jpg

1TC1UOn.jpg

UCSXqZX.jpg

ObugHu2.jpg

nfVp5AT.jpg

EVrFcjc.jpg

UjDT7ZB.jpg

49LR4xN.jpg

weap8rz.jpg

SagVJgC.jpg

jXJSnma.jpg

7EDLDGQ.jpg

sFJHlPn.jpg

BtIJe3y.jpg

w42e4ht.jpg

QQAyogV.jpg

roFwDtx.jpg

MCHVMta.jpg

NQ5Yqdm.jpg

GEEAYGP.jpg

HusPrMs.jpg

37 minutes ago, suspenceful said:

Great photos, Mike. Have you thought about doing any post processing?

Removing that chromatic aberration on some of the photos would be easy. That's typically a byproduct of those 1.8 lenses.

Hmm, can't really say that I notice what you're talking about. Currently, I'm shooting jpg, and all post-processing is happening in mspaint.

For now I'm trying to avoid getting into any post-processing so that I can concentrate on getting it right in the camera. Definitely something that I will look into more once I get more comfortable.

yeah, i'm struggling to see any CA in his photos. one photo its obvious out of all of those, but thats only because i'm looking.

i wish i was better at taking the time to completely setup a photo versus fall back on post-processing..its a hard habit to break - good on you, Mike, for trying to avoid it in the first place. 

First time at Road America this weekend, it was pretty insane. Cool to see a e36 in the stock displacement class finish in front of Porsches and Ferraris. I couldn't believe that a 80's stingray finished first over full blown LM-looking 458's, R8's and GTR's on a road course. The Trans Am race was sweet, the stereotype that old muscle cars are heavy and cant turn is clearly not even close to accurate.

I missed the trans-am qualifying session unfortunately. I do have a video of the of the can-am cars starting up and pulling out onto the track, but it doesn't come close to doing justice to what it's actually like being there and experiencing it. 👍

14 minutes ago, YoungCR said:

Dispeite the ran it was still fun as always! My favorite car was the E24, wish I could've seen it up close in the paddocks.

Only got one decent shot...

9CrpKwP.jpg

Edit: I do enjoy the poverty-spec lighting on an e21, but I can't decide whether this reminds me more of Steve Buscemi, or Sid from Ice Age....

what a great time. glad to meet some new guys and run into old friends. 

@ChrisO that black stingray was absolutely flying. he was on the edge of traction all the way through turn 6 and making most of the other cars look like my grandma was driving. 

pictures: 

YNepALB.jpg

shell, the campfire dog
5OVs9j9.jpg

0Geq0yd.jpg

zQtaDDX.jpg

3 of the 5 shadow dn4s ever built were out racing. 8.0l chevy v8 NA making 800+hp
7ynEcBp.jpg

IMM2I1h.jpg

R50 pit bike
avn3BLi.jpg

5o049Rt.jpg

IE4WXep.jpg

a couple of judd v10 powered cars there
pKRkeZm.jpg

GpngovX.jpg

wRlOa9u.jpg

rock lobster!
eAk9ik8.jpg