WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Twisty road finder

B C

I drove this road today, one of my all time favorites so far. Super twisty, lots of elevation change, cool scenery, and it’s an actual two lane unlike some of the stuff near Cross Plains/Black Earth/Mt. Horeb.

7BFA468E-9D67-4D6A-B349-23408ED54AAA.jpegIt’s the best area I’ve ever driven in, I can go for hours out there and never hit the same road twice. Minimal traffic, too, even at traditionally busy times. 

On 4/6/2018 at 8:22 PM, P_Roloff said:

I drove this road today, one of my all time favorites so far. Super twisty, lots of elevation change, cool scenery, and it’s an actual two lane unlike some of the stuff near Cross Plains/Black Earth/Mt. Horeb.

It’s the best area I’ve ever driven in, I can go for hours out there and never hit the same road twice. Minimal traffic, too, even at traditionally busy times. 

I've driven that one before. It's a nice drive but there was a lot of pedestrian and bicycle traffic when I rolled through. I had at least one old guy yell "Slow down!" at me, so I must have been doing something right. :D Lots on good roads in that area.

HWY 33 @ Wildcat also gets my stamp of approval.

187 north of Shiocton used to be fun, but I haven't been up there in a while. There's an old stone bridge at one end, and a tiny old gas station at the other if you like to stop and take pictures.

If they've finished re-paving it, ZZ between Kaukauna and Depere is a fun alternative to the interstate.

2 hours ago, HipMF said:

I've driven that one before. It's a nice drive but there was a lot of pedestrian and bicycle traffic when I rolled through. I had at least one old guy yell "Slow down!" at me, so I must have been doing something right. :D Lots on good roads in that area.

HWY 33 @ Wildcat also gets my stamp of approval.

187 north of Shiocton used to be fun, but I haven't been up there in a while. There's an old stone bridge at one end, and a tiny old gas station at the other if you like to stop and take pictures.

If they've finished re-paving it, ZZ between Kaukauna and Depere is a fun alternative to the interstate.

Yeah, I could definitely see it being busy in the summer. JJ out in the same area used to be another favorite, but I think they patched it in the fall and it’s bumpy as all shit now. If I didn’t have 60 series sidewalls I probably would’ve bent a wheel.