WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Driving Season Cancelled

B C

Sorry guys, but due to snow on the ground, bad weather forecast, and the fact that my exhaust still isn't done, I have decided to cancel Driving Season.

Go ahead and put the snows back on or fold your mirrors in + put some Stabil in the gas tank. I've notified some other local forums and am attempting to hack the DMV database so I can email all owners with collector car plates.

I'm still not sure whether to blame @suspenceful due to his turbo sucking so much air that it created a low pressure front that allowed cold Canadian air to come down. Or blame @patsbimmer1  for confusing the Wisconsin weather pattern with a car fresh from Hotlanta.  Or blame @Boris3 for suggesting that we can expect snow into May here in Wisconsin when replying to a post about summer tires.

Driving season 2018 just wasn't meant to be. 

Excuse me while I go prepare my van for the E30 picnic

Image result for cancelled

35 minutes ago, Boris3 said:

Hey, I just suggest probabilities based on past experience...it's all you early summer tire swap folks that tipped the cosmic balance and did this. 

Hmmm there was that gutted e30 ice racer up for sale a while back. Pity, by now he's probably upped his asking price.

Yeah...

I don’t want to say I was the reason for the snow but I might’ve put summers on and then drove around with the top down. 

Oops.

The first place I took it to shot me a price of $200 to weld that crack, just to weld it, no refinishing of the area afterward.  I thought that price was SMOKING crack.  That looks like a 1 hour job at most to me.  I was thinking $75-$100, maybe only $50 if I did all the prep work.  Taking it to a local welding guy to look at today.