WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Das Vert

stealthbimmer

Not much to update. Still procrastinating hoping the lift will become available... I have pretty much everything ready to go for the swap. I just need to clean everything up and replace all the wearable parts, oh and a clutch/flywheel

Finally found some reasonably priced (still ridiculous for two little metal brackets and some wire) hardtop mountsef2f9608dc25a56606a272c78a241d04.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Oh yea, I also swapped the seats. Stock seats were in bad condition. Parts car seats were in good condition. Granted, they aren't the right color, but I have a habit of building cars with an identity crisis. They will have to do until I can find some clean tan replacements. Only takes 10 minutes to swap them out.8dc1f70702fe00b73b7024292b435ef5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

17 hours ago, Rekpoint said:

You could always do a whole interior redye. It would be a huge undertaking but if you like black interior it may be worth it! 

(Its also something you could do while waiting for the lift)

Ive thought about it. Not sure its something I want to tackle. If I found a full donor interior I would do the swap, but I dont want to dye. The rear seats have some seams separating, and the door cards/rear seat sides arent in the best shape on the top edge from, what I assume is, sun damage. Hard to find vert parts though.