WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Road Rally

Iceddragon

I usually don't do this, but I would love to see more BMW's in next years rally so here we go.

You should all check out next years River Valley Road Rally and apply if its something that sounds interesting to you. I did this last year and my wife and I had an absolute blast (until my water pump exploded). The team has put tons of work into making next years rally bigger and better in every way, and I'm extremely excited to be a part of it again.
It will be 270 miles over 7 hours of driving awesome roads ending at an exclusive resort with after party and suite for the night included in the price. 

I will be driving it again next year, but please ask me any questions you have if you are interested and I will check with the team directly.
Link is below, we already have a bunch of awesome cars lined up for next year, including a Tesla Model X and an Aventador, but I would really like more than just me in there representing BMW. This is also a great event to do with your significant other.

http://www.theofficialwcec.com/rvrr

1 minute ago, KaiserRolls said:

How do you win first place

You get to the checkpoints as close to the time allotted as possible. When you arrive at a checkpoint they give you a card with directions, time, and distance, and the goal is to match the time exactly for maximum points, points are deducted for showing up early or late.

Face it, everyone on this forum is neck deep in the car-related $$$ sink. Balking at $500 is pretty funny, through granted we all pick where the money goes and rally may not be your thing.  Aside from what gets dumped into the car (and be very afraid of totaling that all up), there is the menu of $$$ sucking car-related events. These can range from "free" LEO ticket dodging road hooning to entry fees for higher end concourse looking pretty events, "cheap" parking lot cone dodging (unless you're serious and plan for nationals), northern Wisconsin ice dancing, and moving up the price point to the costs of track days/nights/weekends, Lemons/Chump enduros and club sprint racing, etc.

So $500 for a rally event that includes vinyl swag and comp'd lodging--unless the rooms are just a bunch of parked vans down by the river--seems pretty cheap by comparison...if you're into road rally.

Face it, everyone on this forum is neck deep in the car-related $$$ sink. Balking at $500 is pretty funny, through granted we all pick where the money goes and rally may not be your thing.  Aside from what gets dumped into the car (and be very afraid of totaling that all up), there is the menu of $$$ sucking car-related events. These can range from "free" LEO ticket dodging road hooning to entry fees for higher end concourse looking pretty events, "cheap" parking lot cone dodging (unless you're serious and plan for nationals), northern Wisconsin ice dancing, and moving up the price point to the costs of track days/nights/weekends, Lemons/Chump enduros and club sprint racing, etc.

So $500 for a rally event that includes vinyl swag and comp'd lodging--unless the rooms are just a bunch of parked vans down by the river--seems pretty cheap by comparison...if you're into road rally.

I dont think anyone on here is a stranger or opposed to spending money on car related stuff.

We’re just a tough crowd I guess

4 hours ago, patsbimmer1 said:

$500 is two track days.  That's where my $500 will go.  Side note, isn't 270 miles kind of on the edge of the Model X range?  That should be interesting.

Yeah they're trying to get lunch at a super charging station haha

12 hours ago, KaiserRolls said:

$500

As was already mentioned, in the world of rallying $500 is a steal, even the founder of the crown rally spoke up for it when someone asked about the price. The rooms are standard suites at a resort, outside of that I don't have specifics since I'm not involved in the planning, I'd rather drive it. 

I just figured someone would be interested, don't think of this as a sales pitch. It's going to be a blast and I just don't want you to let your wcec hate get in the way of a good time I guess.

You are right, Looks like the Gumball Rally is a $100,000 entry fee. Im glad you posted it because its another automotive event to acknowledge. I first heard about the “Rally to Winnebago” quite a few years ago and its something im finally in a position to think about doing.

I look forward to hearing about the Tesla and seeing some cars. Let me know if you guys are meeting up around hwy 100 again like the time i saw you last year and I’d be glad to come say hello

5 minutes ago, Snap said:

You are right, Looks like the Gumball Rally is a $100,000 entry fee. Im glad you posted it because its another automotive event to acknowledge. I first heard about the “Rally to Winnebago” quite a few years ago and its something im finally in a position to think about doing.

I look forward to hearing about the Tesla and seeing some cars. Let me know if you guys are meeting up around hwy 100 again like the time i saw you last year and I’d be glad to come say hello

There might be a group there again, not sure yet. The group you saw last year was a bunch of us immediately after getting the vinyls put on going to a birthday dinner for Alex. This year we're doing two different vinyl days at two locations in the state, one east and one west to make it easier for people (it was a 4 hour drive for me last year lol). So there's a chance that one group will be at endless autosport again.

I really think this rally is something people in here would enjoy. It's a real driving event that's managed extremely well and had great reviews across the board last year for a very cheap price compared to every other rally in our area. 

• 4 weeks later...