WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Need help ID'ing this cable/connector

party_walrus

Question

While replacing my passenger side headlamp bulb (swapped in some 9012s [emoji16]), I found this cable hanging loose in the engine bay. It routes in through a small hole in the wheel well, right below the ignition coil (see second pic). The connector is completely trashed, looks like it melted.

Is this a connector for the OBC? Or something else?6c57e8837e5ff5f53ef76edeeebf1871.jpg80fc912bd523492220be3bbac4bafcb1.jpg

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

8 answers to this question

With electrical parts knowing that is was working when it was pulled and/or dealing with a reliable seller is the safer bet. Sensors can get trashed. E30 ABS module in the earlier models had an external relay under the dash. The relay has a fusable link inside that can get shorted out but easy to replace, some folks replace by resoldering the link or replacing the relay with an inline fuse. So if you have a module issue check the relay first.  Later model e30s (1989-on) don't have that external relay and instead have an internal relay in the ABS pump unit under the plastic cover.   https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=107828

With electrical parts knowing that is was working when it was pulled and/or dealing with a reliable seller is the safer bet. Sensors can get trashed. E30 ABS module in the earlier models had an external relay under the dash. The relay has a fusable link inside that can get shorted out but easy to replace, some folks replace by resoldering the link or replacing the relay with an inline fuse. So if you have a module issue check the relay first.  Later model e30s (1989-on) don't have that external relay and instead have an internal relay in the ABS pump unit under the plastic cover.   https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=107828

Thanks! That's a great reference.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk