WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community
Sign in to follow this  
basedspider

Hayden's Stock 325i Build Thread

Just food for thought, cats don't just go bad unless something is wrong.  It can clog them from a terrible quality gas but I have only seen that once and it was a Buick that was driven to Mexico, like actually to Mexico not street racing.  I have gotten my cats on my obd1 e36 really hot by having a coil not firing and the excess fuel caused a terrible smell and tons of heat.  I fixed the problem and it is back to normal.

I recommend not removing cats.  Not because I am some hippie tree hugger but because there is no performance gain and the exhaust always stinks without a cat.  That's why lots of people that don't have cats buy those bottles of smell additive for their fuel so it doesn't reek.  They don't fail for no reason so a bad smell is probably an indicator that you have something wrong.

Just food for thought, cats don't just go bad unless something is wrong.  It can clog them from a terrible quality gas but I have only seen that once and it was a Buick that was driven to Mexico, like actually to Mexico not street racing.  I have gotten my cats on my obd1 e36 really hot by having a coil not firing and the excess fuel caused a terrible smell and tons of heat.  I fixed the problem and it is back to normal.
I recommend not removing cats.  Not because I am some hippie tree hugger but because there is no performance gain and the exhaust always stinks without a cat.  That's why lots of people that don't have cats buy those bottles of smell additive for their fuel so it doesn't reek.  They don't fail for no reason so a bad smell is probably an indicator that you have something wrong.

Hippie