WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Hayden's Stock 325i Build Thread

basedspider

3 minutes ago, Snap said:

The E36 engines are hard to keep from being raspy. I hear a little rasp on the over-run and my ears tell me the engine isnt in an ideal state of tune. Am i nuts? Or does anybody else hear it too?

I think some of the exhaust was fucking up the mic, its a quiet same volume rasp all the way through irl. You can hear the air/exhaust hitting the mic just barely if you listen closely when im revving.

You can hear the shit hitting the mic in this video better since it was a lot closer to the exhaust.

Hey all! Got the fender on. I'd say having the black fender looks better than having a fucked up green fender. A nice green fender would look the best, though. I'll be painting it once it gets warmer out.

20180210_170505.jpg

Also, I was cruising around with the car and saw this. Not sure if it is rare or anything, but still thought it was cool.

20180210_185127.jpg20180210_185112.jpg 

1 hour ago, suspenceful said:

Are you shooting in RAW? If not, I recommend doing so in the future if you care about editing.

The first shot looks good. The other two are a little overexposed, IMO. I like the composition of the second one a lot though. You could really bring the sky back if you have the RAW file.

What do you mean by RAW? I'm extremely new to taking pictures of my car in manual mode. I changed some settings just so that it wasn't so insanely bright.

3 hours ago, basedspider said:

What do you mean by RAW? I'm extremely new to taking pictures of my car in manual mode. I changed some settings just so that it wasn't so insanely bright.

It's the format in which you're taking pictures. Usually it's set to .jpeg. Google how to switch it to .raw, if your camera is capable of it. I'm assuming you're playing around in Photoshop or Lightroom afterwards. If not, it'd be a good idea to start there.