WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Hayden's Stock 325i Build Thread

basedspider

Just food for thought, cats don't just go bad unless something is wrong.  It can clog them from a terrible quality gas but I have only seen that once and it was a Buick that was driven to Mexico, like actually to Mexico not street racing.  I have gotten my cats on my obd1 e36 really hot by having a coil not firing and the excess fuel caused a terrible smell and tons of heat.  I fixed the problem and it is back to normal.

I recommend not removing cats.  Not because I am some hippie tree hugger but because there is no performance gain and the exhaust always stinks without a cat.  That's why lots of people that don't have cats buy those bottles of smell additive for their fuel so it doesn't reek.  They don't fail for no reason so a bad smell is probably an indicator that you have something wrong.

Just food for thought, cats don't just go bad unless something is wrong.  It can clog them from a terrible quality gas but I have only seen that once and it was a Buick that was driven to Mexico, like actually to Mexico not street racing.  I have gotten my cats on my obd1 e36 really hot by having a coil not firing and the excess fuel caused a terrible smell and tons of heat.  I fixed the problem and it is back to normal.
I recommend not removing cats.  Not because I am some hippie tree hugger but because there is no performance gain and the exhaust always stinks without a cat.  That's why lots of people that don't have cats buy those bottles of smell additive for their fuel so it doesn't reek.  They don't fail for no reason so a bad smell is probably an indicator that you have something wrong.

Hippie

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all! It has been a little bit since I have done anything to my car, but I did get these slap stickers on. I love the look of slaps so I think they look pretty good.Snapchat-1580630215.jpg

Anyways, I discovered my intake boot was torn in 2 different places. I ordered a new intake boot, and I also ordered a new radiator drain plug. About 3/4s of the plastic little blue plug was gone, so I did order a new brass one.

I had stickers on my Geo Prizm in high school, what I learned is it just gives cops a reason to profile and pull you over.  Skateboarding type stickers in my case got me pulled over for doing 5 over in a 25 and called in the k9 unit to sniff my car for drugs because I obviously must be a stoner if I have skateboarding stickers.  

Not trying to give you a bad time, just what i have learned.

I had stickers on my Geo Prizm in high school, what I learned is it just gives cops a reason to profile and pull you over.  Skateboarding type stickers in my case got me pulled over for doing 5 over in a 25 and called in the k9 unit to sniff my car for drugs because I obviously must be a stoner if I have skateboarding stickers.  
Aspecially now that he has a sticker that says "illegal"

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, jc43089 said:

cops havent really bothered me where i live. this is my 5th car and every car ive owned at some point has had window stickers on it of some sort, and the only time I have ever been pulled over was because I was running no plates when i first bought my 318ti. i even had a wastegate dump out of the hood of my civic and never got pulled over.

IMG_4733 (1).JPG

2 hours ago, m42b32 said:

Whats a slap sticker?

1 hour ago, jc43089 said:

I was wondering the same thing.  They appear to be bumper stickers on your window?  I am getting old I guess.

Slap stickers are just stickers in that uniform rectangular shape. Idk, I really like the look of them. It can seem kinda ricey but I really like how they look. At least its not "built not bought" bs

To each their own. I will admit in high school I thought it would be a good idea to paint my interior red. (it was the cool thing at the time) 

I, to this day, regret it. Just as I regret the headliner in my daily now. 

One day you will look back at the "slap stickers" and wonder what you were thinking. For now, do as you please, its your car!

Did some stuff today! A buddy of mine and I got rid of the cats. Sounds pretty good, but nowhere near as loud as expected. Definitely interesting.20180204_152830.jpg

(Before you ask, yes after the new pipes it is backwards. We figured this out when we went to put it on the car and I noticed the hangers were the wrong way.)

I discovered my radiator is cracked, it is leaking after the top radiator hose ends and the hose clamp is definitely tight. I have a new mishimoto racing radiator, mishimoto silicone radiator hoses, and a new fender on the way. 

Also a few days back I put a cone filter and some better brights in. My buddy had them in his garage and the cone filter fit like a glove. I have a plan in the works to get a heat shield and make my own afe style intake. But for now, it should be okay.20180204_213049.jpg

Also, enjoy this video of the car running straight off the headers. My dad wasn't too thrilled.

4 hours ago, Snap said:

Im pretty sure my dad thought i was an idiot for the things i did to cars when I was 16.

Im pretty sure my dad thinks im an idiot for the things i do to cars 16 years later.

Hahaha yeah, my dad has always been supportive of me working on my cars in his garage as long as I clean up after I'm done (which I do). He is always willing to help, and I remember he was very skeptical of me turboing my civic and told me it really would really make a difference. When I finished the car and took him up to about 120 he thought it was the coolest thing and made me give (what seemed like) almost everyone in my family a ride when they came over LOL. Hasn't doubted me since

Did some more stuff!

Got my mishimoto radiator and mishimoto silicone radiator hoses on. I actually did it at school during my car care class, I bet the teacher a 12pk of mountain dew I could have it done by the end of the hour. I now owe him a 12pk of mountain dew. You can see the new radiator stuff in this video and there is an exhaust demo of what the car sounds like without cats.

ALSO:
1. The car is warmed up already
2. I know the right top radiator mount is broken. Have 2 new ones already on the way.

Also, my new fender came in the mail today! Getting that on tomorrow. I'm gonna paint it once it gets warmer outside.

20180209_151850.jpg