WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Hayden's Stock 325i Build Thread

basedspider

11 hours ago, basedspider said:

very much appreciated. im gonna take that to a body shop and have that straightened out in no time. if not im gonna find a new fender and paint it.

I almost guarantee a body shop will just want to replace it. A brand new OEM fender is probably under $300 from the dealer, plus another $150 to have it painted. It'll cost way more than that in labor to work it back to straight unless they use a ton of bondo. If you can find a nice used fender at a yard and have it painted (or better yet in the right color), then swap them out on your own, that's definitely the way to go. 

very much appreciated. im gonna take that to a body shop and have that straightened out in no time. if not im gonna find a new fender and paint it.

I almost guarantee a body shop will just want to replace it. A brand new OEM fender is probably under $300 from the dealer, plus another $150 to have it painted. It'll cost way more than that in labor to work it back to straight unless they use a ton of bondo. If you can find a nice used fender at a yard and have it painted (or better yet in the right color), then swap them out on your own, that's definitely the way to go. 

+1

Also joe,

Don’t bring up getting fenders painted

5 hours ago, YoungCR said:

Ouch! Does your car still have the jack pads on the rockers? 

nope

1 hour ago, m42b32 said:

If they want to replace it im just gonna say no. i can get a primered one online for about 50$. then ill just paint it myself, theres a local place that mixes paint and @Rekpoint and i will go in together on a paint gun.

1 hour ago, jc43089 said:

I have a decent condition sedan fender that is black.  You can have it if you want.  I will have to check if it is the side marker style though.  I live on I35 by the IA / MN border.  

Sounds good! That might be too far of a drive for me, but ill lyk. I found an add for a primered sedan fender with the same side marker style as mine iwht free shipping for 50$. But if it is not there when I go to order it ill pm you

My old coilovers live on, lol. They didn't ride very good when I installed them (new), I'm curious how they ride now that they have a lot of miles and with the different rear struts.
Sorry to see the fender carnage.
Your old bumper M3 bumper is living on too! Need to do some bodywork then paint it to match my car! Hopefully I can salvage it with my very novice bodywork experience. Needs glue and a heat gun for the damage. We will see how things go I guess.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

On 1/2/2018 at 11:15 AM, suspenceful said:

My old coilovers live on, lol. They didn't ride very good when I installed them (new), I'm curious how they ride now that they have a lot of miles and with the different rear struts.

Sorry to see the fender carnage.

Thanks! And they still ride kinda like ass lol. Not a big deal to me though, the rear raceland struts were pretty garbage and I am trying to ignore the fact that the fronts are probably the same way. I am planning on attending a few drift events this summer, so around that time I will see whether or not I'll need new coils.

Thanks! And they still ride kinda like ass lol. Not a big deal to me though, the rear raceland struts were pretty garbage and I am trying to ignore the fact that the fronts are probably the same way. I am planning on attending a few drift events this summer, so around that time I will see whether or not I'll need new coils.

Was that car optioned with an LSD? 35c52efbf6d7739c934e980805718d81.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Try a different brand of fuel. It may help with the rotten egg smell. You are getting the smell more because its cold and more unburned fuel is hitting the cats as you try to get up to operating temp, or when you get on the throttle hard and have that extra enrichment that doesnt burn completely

If you choose to remove the cats
-dont hollow them out, exhaust gas velocity will drop off a cliff and the dust formed from breaking up the catalyst substrate cannot be good for your health
-find someone who can weld
-install resonators because it will be rasp city.

Just please think through it before attacking the car with a sawzall, I know the temptation