WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

My BMW is trying to kill me

patsbimmer1

Yeah.  At the end, we got out of the habit of checking in with the dealer and we seldom check our home Vmail  messages (no one calls the home phone that we want to talk to!) and we ended up waiting closer to 8 weeks to actually get our car back.   They finally called my office and left a bit of a nasty message about wanting their rental back!  I'd we'd have known, we'd've been there the minute it was done.  Crappy Chevy rental.

On 11/10/2017 at 11:20 AM, Jdesign said:

Weird. I took my civic in for the airbag recall and I had a brand new civic loaner for 3 days. BUT 2 of those days was me just not returning the rental because I was too busy doing burnouts and jumping curbs/alleys with it.

Dead Serious. 

Hahaha! I want video's!  I couldn't return my X3 fast enough!  Between the HUD that didn't work when it was sunny, the stupid fucking lane departure warning with a vibrating steering wheel, uncomfortable seats and the 8spd auto attached to an anemic n20 I didn't enjoy driving it at all. 

Funny story, I took my 2 1/2 year old son with me to drop my car off and pick the X3 up and we're outside of Zimbrick loading his car seat in and he's kind of wandering around then I tell him we're ready to go... He starts walking towards me and slowly realizes we're getting into the X3.  His face turns from content to upset and he stops and says "No dada, not this one."  I said "yea buddy, we've gotta take this one for tonight."  His concern turned into an inconsolable sadness, "No dada!  NOT THIS ONE!".  This time louder and more stern.  I tried to convince him we have to but we'll get my car back tomorrow.  He runs to an estoril M235i and says "Dada!  This one! This one!"  I said no we have to take this and he runs to an F82 M4 and begs me, "This one dada!  THIS ONE! NOT THAT ONE!". I walk over and grab him and he starts crying when he realizes we're getting in the X3.  He cried for half of the drive home and wouldn't talk to me the other half.  We stop at the grocery store and go through something similar when I attempt to put him back in the X3.  The next day I picked up my car then picked him up from day care.  He walks out, looks up and see's my car then let's out a big "DADA!  YOUR CAR IS BACK!".  I learned 3 things 1) he hates X3's 2)he loves my car 3) I've trained him well.

TL;DR Even my 2 1/2 year old son know's the X3 wasn't good.