WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community
Sign in to follow this  
Snap

Secret Santa 2017

Got 2 packages in the mail yesterday, one was the package that went on a little detour to Pittsburgh, and one was my gift!

I didn't want to open it till I got mine in the mail, and I just did that with delivery scheduled for tomorrow, so I'll open it up tonight!

I received my gift from “totally not Joe”

1981 and 1990 brochures showcasing some of the BMW Engineering and R&D. This stuff is fascinating! Theres a cylinder deactivation prototype engine, super eta vs diesel discussion and some crab manifold pressure wave tuning content.

I like how they mention that with Computer Aided Modeling they can cut out a lot of the “guess and check” in development. Its nice to know that even BMW engineers are mortals that still have to rely on empirical data and testing instead of complicated mathematical models.

Joe, thanks a ton! This is good stuff

4a2c3be8b986c335b7b4d08eec696db2.jpg

On 12/24/2017 at 5:54 PM, Snap said:

Joe, thanks a ton! This is good stuff

Glad you like them!!

On 12/24/2017 at 11:01 PM, YoungCR said:

Very cool! Where did you find those Joe? 

Stumbled across the one from 1990 on ebay, then wondered if they made more and found the other one. Couldn't help myself and had a quick flip through before sending them to Snap, there's some really cool content in there! 

Better late than never! I got this badass cutout vinyl clock from Jeff, with pez to seal the deal which always rules. 

I'm curious to what the vinyl sounded like considering I have no idea what it says lol. Thanks Jeff!

IMG_20180117_141540.jpg