WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Where are the other M52 swaps?

B C

I was informed last night that our most well known M52 swapped E30 is leaving the state and going to a new home. I wrongly assumed that perhaps I would have the only M52 swapped E30 in the area now. seller of said M52 swapped E30 corrected me and said I wouldn't be the only M52 E30.

The M52 isn't nearly as common as an M50, S50, or S52 from what I have seen since people are either too cheap to deal with the OBD2 stuff, or too rich to settle for such a plebian engine.

We all know there are plenty of lurkers here and plenty of awesome BMWs in the state that aren't on the forum here. Do you know of any other M52 swapped E30s in our area?

1226501569_baZmj-L.jpg

32 minutes ago, patsbimmer1 said:

You're working really hard lately to pull out lurkers... Are you feeling emotionally distressed?  Bored?  Are we not good enough!?!?

Yes, yes, and yes

I'm trying to keep the momentum going since the number of active posters feels like it has been on the decline.

"Why does it matter if people post on our dumb little forum?"
In the grand scheme of things it doesn't but it's some great entertainment. As strange as it may sound; this forum, its members, and the friends I've made are part of why I now enjoy living in Wisconsin.

Chris Bangle, if you are reading this, de-lurk yourself!

2 minutes ago, Snap said:

Yes, yes, and yes

I'm trying to keep the momentum going since the number of active posters feels like it has been on the decline.

"Why does it matter if people post on our dumb little forum?"
In the grand scheme of things it doesn't but it's some great entertainment. As strange as it may sound; this forum, its members, and the friends I've made are part of why I now enjoy living in Wisconsin.

Chris Bangle, if you are reading this, de-lurk yourself!

My wife still thinks it's weird that I have friends I met on the internet that aren't confirmed serial rapists or murders.  I'd say 50% of the people I regularly talk to or see are people I met on this forum. 

Continue on your righteous crusade.

It's a decent car, needs some work.  It has a Seta m20 and g260 I helped swap into it.  He didn't have much money so there are some things that should be done like timing belt and water pump, the body is pretty good though.  I fabbed the exhaust from scraps from the original and other cars, it's pretty special but sounds decent.  I think it has been sitting a while.

10 hours ago, jc43089 said:

It's a decent car, needs some work.  It has a Seta m20 and g260 I helped swap into it.  He didn't have much money so there are some things that should be done like timing belt and water pump, the body is pretty good though.  I fabbed the exhaust from scraps from the original and other cars, it's pretty special but sounds decent.  I think it has been sitting a while.

I own the motor in the car so its will be just a shell haha. Gotta go pull that. But yes its been sitting for a year now, needs injectors for sure.