WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Folding mirror issue - e90

reckedhim

Wasn't sure where to post this so I'm putting it here.

Has anyone had an issue with a folding mirror where it doesn't stop in the correct position when folding out and actually goes all the way back so the mirror is facing the ground?  If so, what was the fix?  Mine started doing this over the weekend and now I have to manually put the mirror in the correct position every time I start the car.  A lot of the "fixes" just mention cutting the wire that controls the folding mirror function.  But I'd rather fix it than do that.

Here's a better idea of what I'm talking about:

Good news!  The mirror fixed itself somehow.  I popped the mirror cover off, ready to drill a hole in the mirror as one of the fixes instructs.  I was wiping off some of the gunk that was built up on the surface and then the motor started making a noise and the mirror popped back into place.  So I didn't really do anything to fix it.  I'm tempted to cut the wire that controls the folding function so this doesn't happen again.