WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

New ride

Iceddragon

13 hours ago, Iceddragon said:

Does it link you my songs? The video is muted, but people keep saying this to me. 

I guess I'm a little confused, is this a franchised store or something else? I've never been in an accident before and I'm not sure where to go with this. From the sound of it I might be making a bad decision here, but whats the point of insurance if you don't use it when you get in an accident? I googled painless dent removal and it brought up the same shop I am meeting the appraiser at next Tuesday. There is also a big ding in the door and a couple scratches in the side, I just want it fixed all the way.

I don't see why they would raise my rates, this wasn't an accident and I have video to prove I couldn't really avoid it.

The video is not muted, lol.

Not sure what you mean by franchised store, I'm talking about making a claim with my auto insurance provider (Allstate).

No matter which way you go about this, you should get a few estimates. Since you collided with something, it's technically an accident. If you choose to make a claim, I'd pursue it under your "comprehensive" coverage because it was an animal. This way it might not be classified as a collision and you can potentially avoid paying a deductible.

This^ or make the claim: "IDK I parked it outside overnight and came out to it like this in the morning."

1 hour ago, Snap said:

Between the high strength boron steel, multiple layers, cramped quarters, and heavier gauge than your typical body panel, it doesn't seem feasible to be able to do any PDR in there.

extrication-11-13-1dsc-0183a_11187562.jpg

This repair wont happen from the inside anyways. PDR is possible on Pillars if you go to someone with the knowledge and tools. This example in the link below is a crease, not a dent like you have. Yours looks like it should be easy to remove using the glue pulling method.

http://217dent.com/2015-chrysler-300-deep-pillar-crease-mobile-dent-removal-springfield-il-images/

Video:

44 minutes ago, Jdesign said:

This^ or make the claim: "IDK I parked it outside overnight and came out to it like this in the morning."

This repair wont happen from the inside anyways. PDR is possible on Pillars if you go to someone with the knowledge and tools. This example in the link below is a crease, not a dent like you have. Yours looks like it should be easy to remove using the glue pulling method.

http://217dent.com/2015-chrysler-300-deep-pillar-crease-mobile-dent-removal-springfield-il-images/

Video:

That is impressive, I have some deer damage on my Volvo that could be easily fixed that way I think.  A deer ran into the rear quarter, it looks a little wavy in the sun light.

7 hours ago, Jdesign said:

Video:

I don't know, this is kind of what I want to avoid. He didn't put it back how it was, just pulled the big dent out and then pushed everything else around it down so it looks like a clean line :/ 
And I know its hard to see in the pics, but the drivers door has a big ding in it too from the deers body. The mirror might be fine though, other than needing new glass. 

9 hours ago, suspenceful said:

The video is not muted, lol.

Not sure what you mean by franchised store, I'm talking about making a claim with my auto insurance provider (Allstate).

No matter which way you go about this, you should get a few estimates. Since you collided with something, it's technically an accident. If you choose to make a claim, I'd pursue it under your "comprehensive" coverage because it was an animal. This way it might not be classified as a collision and you can potentially avoid paying a deductible.

So I feel really self conscious about my music now lol I forget what I was listening too and its not playing anything when I watch it on my computer or phone, so that's weird.

Anyways, back to the point. I started a claim with my insurance and the adjuster will look at it Tuesday, I do have full coverage and there is no way they can tell me that was my fault when I have a video of it and the impact is on my side. So this should be comprehensive all the way through, and not my fault.
I was confused about what you meant by paintless dent removal, it sounded like this was a shop somewhere (like when you say take it to an autozone).
I am going to take the car into a body shop tomorrow at lunch and have them do their own estimate so I have something to compare it too, and with my big ass deductible maybe I'll just eat the hit myself and not deal with insurance rates at all.

I love V8s so I hate nature. For this reason I ran the playback of the deer getting smashed by German steel about 30 times as I sit here smiling smugly drinking my coffee. It's a small price to pay, my friend, but we all need to do our part to control the deer population on the road. I salute you. 

12 hours ago, Iceddragon said:

I don't know, this is kind of what I want to avoid. He didn't put it back how it was, just pulled the big dent out and then pushed everything else around it down so it looks like a clean line :/ 

Thats kinda how you repair dents. If its done the traditional way, its even worse because they will just use body filler and paint. If you want the beam replaced, I think you are looking at a repair insurance wont pay for, and will cost 85% more than PDR or body work.

Personally I would much rather have the dent pulled out and have all my original metal and paint.  Once there is cutting, welding, and/or body filler it is only a matter of time before it starts to show.  The A pillar is very complex and any work beyond PDR requires removing the windshield which introduces more risks of it not being reinstalled properly, broken clips on interior panels that would have to be removed etc.  Paintless dent repair is not a shortcut repair.  That being said the skill of the person doing it is important.  That guy in the video fixing the roof rail seems to have done that at least a couple times...

13 hours ago, Iceddragon said:

So I feel really self conscious about my music now lol I forget what I was listening too and its not playing anything when I watch it on my computer or phone, so that's weird.

Anyways, back to the point. I started a claim with my insurance and the adjuster will look at it Tuesday, I do have full coverage and there is no way they can tell me that was my fault when I have a video of it and the impact is on my side. So this should be comprehensive all the way through, and not my fault.
I was confused about what you meant by paintless dent removal, it sounded like this was a shop somewhere (like when you say take it to an autozone).
I am going to take the car into a body shop tomorrow at lunch and have them do their own estimate so I have something to compare it too, and with my big ass deductible maybe I'll just eat the hit myself and not deal with insurance rates at all.

Just some Still Dre, nothing to be ashamed about. Classic song.

I wish you the best of luck in this endeavor. Sadly, when I talked to my insurance agent, they said I will be partially at fault no matter what because I hit something and I was behind the wheel. Maybe you will have different results.

19 minutes ago, suspenceful said:

I wish you the best of luck in this endeavor. Sadly, when I talked to my insurance agent, they said I will be partially at fault no matter what because I hit something and I was behind the wheel. Maybe you will have different results.

Yup, I think pretty much no matter what if you make a claim they raise your rates. I smacked a deer around two years ago and insurance totaled my e30, I now have an 'accident' on my record and my rates went up (and are still up, likely will be for a long time) even though It wasn't my fault since the deer came sprinting across the road. It was worth it for me because I got a good payout on the car even after buying it back. If your deductible is large enough that you'd be getting a grand or less to cover the repairs I would not make the claim and just pay it out of pocket. You can probably get a door and mirror in the right color used, and then PDR the A-pillar like others have mentioned. It will never be 'as new' again, but it'll be very close and after a little while you'll never notice it. 

It depends on insurance.  I had a guy turn in front of me and totalled my Maxima and his insurance company just took total fault and paid me more than I expected with no questions asked.  Also had my Volvo roll in a parking lot while I was in Wisconsin and hit another car and my insurance didn't go up even though they had to pay out to the other person and for a new headlight and bumper repair on my car.  The cop doing the report was a little confused "so neither vehicle was occupied when the accident occurred?"  I have USAA and they have been excellent.

6 minutes ago, jc43089 said:

It depends on insurance.  I had a guy turn in front of me and totalled my Maxima and his insurance company just took total fault and paid me more than I expected with no questions asked.  Also had my Volvo roll in a parking lot while I was in Wisconsin and hit another car and my insurance didn't go up even though they had to pay out to the other person and for a new headlight and bumper repair on my car.  The cop doing the report was a little confused "so neither vehicle was occupied when the accident occurred?"

1. I doubt the deer's insurance agent is going to assume 100% fault for him/her.
  2. Neither vehicle being occupied is what saved you there.

He can go through the process and see what happens, but at least he's better informed now. I've given my best advice based on my own personal experiences.

personally, i wouldnt show your insurance that video unless they specifically fight you. 

i could be off, since i wasnt there its hard to judge the circumstances and videos can be deceiving, but it looks like you didnt slow down when the deer came into view, only when it started running toward you, almost like you didnt see them standing there in the road

22 minutes ago, Iceddragon said:

Yeah I'm not showing it to anyone, that's why I asked you guys not to share it. I definitely saw it and turned my hazards on while showing down, I wish you could hear that instead of the music.

But thanks for all the advice, another new car thing to learn I guess

Yea, if you need to show it, remove the audio file. 

You can clearly see you putting the hazards on in the reflection on the windshield, so you do have that going for ya. 

44 minutes ago, Iceddragon said:

Yeah I'm not showing it to anyone, that's why I asked you guys not to share it. I definitely saw it and turned my hazards on while showing down, I wish you could hear that instead of the music.

But thanks for all the advice, another new car thing to learn I guess

YouTube is a pretty bad place to put a video that you don't want to see.