WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

New ride

Iceddragon

7 hours ago, i_love_cars said:

i agree, rain dances and such, or the voodoo lady who squeezes the goat's testicles to bring good fortune. The garage stall for my E46 is currently occupied by building materials for some remodeling we are doing, so I've been parked outside for the past couple weeks. It's fucking miserable. I will say she starts like a champ even sitting for 3 days straight in 0 degree weather. No fuss at all. 

But all I can think about is "damn i wonder how thick the 10w60 is resting in the oil pan of the M3 right now" especially since I don't have a heated garage. 

also lars I agree you can probably deal with it for the rest of this season but I would definitely be looking into something for next winter. 

That would be a fun experiment, I bet its real gooey.

Hopefully by next winter I'll have talked my wife into moving here permanently and I'll have the ol' CR-Z back to beat on. 

Also its Day 3 of having a BOV and I still love it, pulls through gear 2-3 are so much more satisfying

Open wastegate sounds can suck my rod bearings. The high frequency whirr going in and out of synch with the engine speed though, that is such bitchin stuff.

Nothing beats the sounds you hear on your first drive after turbocharging a car that you have driven for years in NA mode.

I am all in favor of routing the blowoff valve hose into the cabin on the b-pillar right next to your ear.

Boost is the best disease

• 1 month later...

So my new wheels got here on Friday, which is also my first new set. Rohana RC10s wrapped in Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires.

As soon as they arrived at the shop I threw the car on a lift to get them on, and was instantly heartbroken to find that the OEM lug bolts wouldn't work on the car because I couldn't get a socket around them in the holes. Unfortunately I won't be back in Appleton until April, so I'll just order some splined bolts and they will have to sit at the shop until then :(
Downpipes are going in soon but I won't be tuning the car for a while until this move is over, I'd hate to start having random stuff break while I'm traveling between Appleton and LaX so much. 

I'm stoked for car season.

IMG_20180323_112422.jpg

IMG_20180323_112038.jpg

IMG_20180323_112428.jpg

Don't you work for a wheel company?  Nobody there knew that this wouldn't work?  I hate to sound harsh but I feel like that's something someone in that building should know or at least ask before the order was placed.  It sucks it happened to you but at least this wasn't an order that shipped out to a customer and this happened.

39 minutes ago, patsbimmer1 said:

Don't you work for a wheel company?  Nobody there knew that this wouldn't work?  I hate to sound harsh but I feel like that's something someone in that building should know or at least ask before the order was placed.  It sucks it happened to you but at least this wasn't an order that shipped out to a customer and this happened.

Someone had to say it. And then they didn't have any proper lugs in stock or available?

11 hours ago, patsbimmer1 said:

They told me I should get some but I thought I knew better. Lets call it youthful ignorance and that I learned from it, now I know. 
I used spacers with the other set of wheels I had on the last car and those came with extended lugs that fit just fine, I just didn't know any better and assumed I wouldn't need them. 

Our site recommends you buy them and so do our staff, I just threw that in there to laugh at myself :/
Also we don't keep them at the warehouse here, they ship from our distributor and nobody in town had any available in the correct size. 

9 hours ago, Iceddragon said:

They told me I should get some but I thought I knew better. Lets call it youthful ignorance and that I learned from it, now I know. 
I used spacers with the other set of wheels I had on the last car and those came with extended lugs that fit just fine, I just didn't know any better and assumed I wouldn't need them. 

Our site recommends you buy them and so do our staff, I just threw that in there to laugh at myself :/
Also we don't keep them at the warehouse here, they ship from our distributor and nobody in town had any available in the correct size. 

That makes more sense.  Live and learn!

1 hour ago, snap said:

Nice photo

I like that those aren’t a style of wheel you typically see on an E90. A dab of ride height reduction and some 15mm or so spacers would finish things off nicely

Thanks! I was going for something different so it would stick out a little. I definitely need some coilovers, trying to work on something to make that happen sooner than I initially thought. I think the stance will look better once its lowered some, the rears should tuck a little and the fronts are pretty spot on.

Of course we have snow on the ground now so I don't want to drive it on these tires, I ended up going with the Pilot Sport 4S, they don't like the cold.