WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

New ride

Iceddragon

2 hours ago, Rekpoint said:

I'm probably the youngest one here and I don't know SHIT about Pokemon.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

You're too young to understand how awesome it is.

Car is getting painted today, should be back tomorrow or thursday. Anything specific I should look for when inspecting it? Does the paint have to dry or can I touch it right away?

I drove it across the state to a friends place to help him pick up a new car (Supercharged Miata), and kept staring at it to find any issues, but I honestly can't find any fault besides a tiny blemish in the paint, I'll have them take a look at that monday to make sure. I told the shop manager that I have big plans for this car eventually and I think they took that seriously. They also gave me a lifetime warranty so I'm really happy.

As for the burnout, I tried that a few weeks ago and even with the traction control off something refused to let the wheels spin. I can try to dig up that video.

12 hours ago, patsbimmer1 said:

Isn't this up for sale?

It is listed right now but I don't anticipate it actually selling for that much, and it doesn't cost me anything to keep it. Some bad stuff is happening at my job and I won't have one beginning of next February, so I listed it just to see if I can get some quick cash at a profit. 

Obviously this means my plans of modding it are on hold until this is straightened out. Not that I want to drive it much during the winter with these crappy tires.

• 4 weeks later...

So its been a while... Nothing really changed, got to meet the infamous Mr Spence in person to grab some parts off him and I bought a dual cone intake for the car last week, but haven't installed either because its too damn cold now. (I really need a garage)

Took the car on its final trip this weekend to hang out with some friends and its basically parked now unless I decide to go sliding in a parking lot during the first snow. 

Oh and needless to say still have it and did not sell it, I just love it too much. I had it listed for $14k and every time someone messaged me about it the price went up to $15k. The car just suits me, not sure what would make me actually sell it.

I did make an instagram for the car to match the plates so I can catalog the build next year someplace besides this forum, I just have to remember to keep it updated now. 

IMG_20171120_223901.jpg

IMG_20171205_151244_117.jpg

IMG_20171127_162733.jpg

IMG_20171203_094850_1.jpg

• 1 month later...

Been a while, thought I'd throw an update out there. 
Car has stayed in my possession and I have no plans of selling it anymore. The job in appleton is basically a done deal so I'll be spending 3/4 of my time out there come february.

As far as the car goes, I got Spence's old downpipes now for my first power mod and will be picking up wheels and tires sometime in the spring since I'm working for a wheel company now.
I am also dropping the car off at the BMW dealer this weekend so they can do both recalls, I started getting concerned about the car catching fire while parked 2 stories under me, so I think this is better. They're supposed to be giving me a rental I can abuse during the winter and I should have my car back sometime early to mid Februrary according to the guy that called me back to arrange everything.

Outside of that I'm going stir crazy not doing car things, so at least I'll have a chance to drive my car for a bit, even if its in the salt.

• 5 weeks later...

Time for my monthly update I guess lol

Full time in Appleton now for FI at the new shop, any local guys should definitely come visit and I'll give you a tour! This gives me access to our brand new shop of course, so parts are going to start getting installed in the car starting tomorrow (thanks @suspenceful!). Unfortunately that also means I have to drive the car in the cold and snow, but a sacrifice had to be made somewhere. I might buy a beater E46 for a couple of months but realistically that's a waste of money unless I actually keep it.
Also finally got the cable to tune the car and read some codes after getting random limp mode again, but after clearing the initial set of codes nothing has come back yet, not sure what to make of that. 

So I got the car to Appleton but haven't had to drive it much, just carpooling with my friend I'm staying with. Since I have access to the new shop to work on my car I figured I might as well start installing stuff so the first round of parts are finally in and working. Having a BOV on a turbo car is one of my childhood car fantasies, so that's really exciting to me. It definitely sucks in the snow but I shouldn't have to drive it much until I move, and by then it should hopefully be warm enough so I don't have to worry about it. 

i agree, rain dances and such, or the voodoo lady who squeezes the goat's testicles to bring good fortune. The garage stall for my E46 is currently occupied by building materials for some remodeling we are doing, so I've been parked outside for the past couple weeks. It's fucking miserable. I will say she starts like a champ even sitting for 3 days straight in 0 degree weather. No fuss at all. 

But all I can think about is "damn i wonder how thick the 10w60 is resting in the oil pan of the M3 right now" especially since I don't have a heated garage. 

also lars I agree you can probably deal with it for the rest of this season but I would definitely be looking into something for next winter.