WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

New ride

Iceddragon

5 hours ago, patsbimmer1 said:

Pretty good!  A lot of n54 guys dyno with standard correction (std) so if you compare yours to others it may seem low since they used sae.  Figure another 10whp based on a 4% difference between the two.  Now on to mods!

Yeah exactly, that's what I figure. I didn't think I'd be near 300 obviously, it just feels so much faster than 240 lol. I guess that's the torque doing its magic. And the guys working the dyno said they have never done a 100% stock 335 before, so they didn't know what to expect either.

Either way I have my number to look back on, I plan to make this a yearly thing to keep progress visible and track goals.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, jc43089 said:

Hmm, I am not a body repair guy but that seems fixable if they can get it to pull back out.  I doesn't look like it distorted the window frame, at least the window didn't crack.  Is the mirror ok besides the cover missing?  It looks pulled out some by where it mounts to the door.

Window frame seems fine, but it was dark and I've been at work all day. Will give it a closer look this evening. Mirror shattered and fell out of the cover, it was dangling by the cables for the heater. That part alone is $500 without the glass, so its going to cost me something.

2 hours ago, Snap said:

Did the Deer get totaled?

I honestly thought so, but the cop couldn't find it. It smacked its head against the A pillar but must have got up and walked away. 

24 minutes ago, Jdesign said:

OH deer!

But seriously I would just go to a paintless dent guy and have him pull that out. I bet it would cost you $50-70. Then just buy a new mirror cover or mirror if its broken. Depending on your deductible, small damages like that are better left off of the cars history report and easier to pay out of pocket. 

The thing is, I want it fixed properly all the way through. I had/have big plans for this car and I don't want to be disappointed by something like a bad repair or go cheap on fixing it. 

Bonus points, I have a dash cam and got footage of the little turd. Go 46 seconds in to see it. Please don't share this though;

12 minutes ago, Iceddragon said:

Window frame seems fine, but it was dark and I've been at work all day. Will give it a closer look this evening. Mirror shattered and fell out of the cover, it was dangling by the cables for the heater. That part alone is $500 without the glass, so its going to cost me something.

The thing is, I want it fixed properly all the way through. I had/have big plans for this car and I don't want to be disappointed by something like a bad repair or go cheap on fixing it. 

Finding a used mirror that matches or buying a used one and having it resprayed should cost you much less than $500. 

Also, PDR isn't a cheap or bad repair. They painstakingly message the dent out from the back to remove it 100% and it leaves your paint undamaged. In my opinion, it is the best way to go about it before having a body shop look at it because they will use filler regardless and respray the pillar. 

1 hour ago, Earl said:

Finding a used mirror that matches or buying a used one and having it resprayed should cost you much less than $500. 

Also, PDR isn't a cheap or bad repair. They painstakingly message the dent out from the back to remove it 100% and it leaves your paint undamaged. In my opinion, it is the best way to go about it before having a body shop look at it because they will use filler regardless and respray the pillar. 

Agreed. I know this could be fixed with some PDR and some attention to the mirror.

I claimed the damage to my E90 after I slide into a snowbank last winter. The bumper had a small crack in the bottom but since it was an M-Sport, I knew the payout for the bumper, paint, labor and small accessories would be around $2000. I got $1500 after they subtracted my deductible and fixed it for around $1000, leaving some extra change in my pocket. Cool, right? Nope! Now I have an "accident" on my record, my insurance premium went up, I lost some safe driving discounts and it went on the CarFax. If I could go back and choose to fix the damage out of my own pocket, I would have 100 times over.

8 hours ago, The Full Banana said:

Great music for deer hunting. 

Does it link you my songs? The video is muted, but people keep saying this to me. 

7 hours ago, Snap said:

what dashcam is that? I’ve been considering one now for a little while and that one looks great

Its called a YI Dash cam, $50 on amazon + a micro SD card. It records all the time and then saves footage when it detects an impact. This was actually the only "mod" suggested by my wife.
Fun fact, you can trigger the acceleration detection by launching the car! 
This is the one I use: Yi Dash Cam

6 hours ago, suspenceful said:

Agreed. I know this could be fixed with some PDR and some attention to the mirror.

I claimed the damage to my E90 after I slide into a snowbank last winter. The bumper had a small crack in the bottom but since it was an M-Sport, I knew the payout for the bumper, paint, labor and small accessories would be around $2000. I got $1500 after they subtracted my deductible and fixed it for around $1000, leaving some extra change in my pocket. Cool, right? Nope! Now I have an "accident" on my record, my insurance premium went up, I lost some safe driving discounts and it went on the CarFax. If I could go back and choose to fix the damage out of my own pocket, I would have 100 times over.

I guess I'm a little confused, is this a franchised store or something else? I've never been in an accident before and I'm not sure where to go with this. From the sound of it I might be making a bad decision here, but whats the point of insurance if you don't use it when you get in an accident? I googled painless dent removal and it brought up the same shop I am meeting the appraiser at next Tuesday. There is also a big ding in the door and a couple scratches in the side, I just want it fixed all the way.

I don't see why they would raise my rates, this wasn't an accident and I have video to prove I couldn't really avoid it.

8 hours ago, Boris3 said:

A little context. Driving a second slower and maybe you would have hit it straight on and flipped it into your windshield. The side hit and getting away with a dented A pillar is a least worse scenario. Glad you're ok.

Good advice, just send it!  Get through before the deer are crossing ;)

Now that he says that, I do believe the pillar is fairly boxed since it needs all of that strength. They would probably have to drill a hole to get to the back side and I doubt they would want to be liable if you end up rolling your car down the line and the pillar was sacrificed=/