WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community
m42b32

Garage cleanout/1991 318i parts car

@Earl, I don't think the drivers rear window works :( The two front doors work perfectly, but the rears do not, not sure if they're interchangeable. I tried changing the switches around and no dice, not sure if there are other reasons for failure beyond the window regulator not working, I'll have to investigate. 

I will start gathering a list of all the good/working stuff that I have with prices and pictures as I pull them off the car. I'll update the first post as I remove things. I'm also more than happy to package up smaller parts and ship them (buyer would pay shipping cost obviously). 

I'll have to take a look and see if it was leaking or not, the floor isn't wet so it might be alright! I will let you know, could probably pull it this weekend. The washer stuff is all there too. I'll send you a text

Just wanted to bump this up in case anyone needs anything, let me know and I might have it. I have the car pretty stripped down now and I will hopefully be able to start taking pictures of all things I have available soon, probably next week. 

The car is pretty much gutted except for the front and rear suspension (complete minus diff and axles), some random stuff under the hood, and the fuel tank (though its rusty on the outside, was replaced maybe 5 years ago). If anyone wants the shell and can come pick it up without having wheels on it (I have wheels that can be used to get it on a trailer but want to keep them), you can have it for free if you pick it up by wednesday. I don't care if you use it or take it straight to the scrap yard for cash, I just need it gone. If I don't hear anything by Tuesday morning, I'm scrapping it. 

1 hour ago, YoungCR said:

Keep the subframes as cores if you have time, they are worth more that way than as scrap. 

I was hoping I'd have time to pull them, but unfortunately they're getting junked with the car because I ran out of time. Car has to be gone by tomorrow, so I'm have it picked up and removed this afternoon. 

5 minutes ago, flipper325 said:

Did you buy this car from Brian B? Painted bottlecaps and the rust pattern look familiar. ;)

Yup! I work with him, really nice guy. I felt bad taking it apart considering the mileage and how well it ran, but the rust had really taken it's toll.