WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Jdesign

So... if you haven't noticed, all the links for images that were hosted on Photobucket.com have broken since they updated their service terms. You must now pay $400 a month to get your images back and or host them.

If anyone has a work around to this, please share. I plan on slowly saving all of the images I can and transferring them to Flickr. 

https://www.theverge.com/2017/7/4/15919224/photobucket-broken-images-amazon-ebay-etsy-paid-update

I haven't lost a single picture in any of my threads so I am happy to dodge this issue. I do have a feeling that it has to be with me having paid $3 a month for the past few years just to keep my threads alive for everyone as I used up all of the free account space.

I didn't actually read what changed, but all my photobucket pics are still up. It's a mediocre service at best, but bandwidth isn't free.

I've thought about renting some server space and using it to serve images, but that's more because I'm particular about how things work. Uploading pics and getting links has always been overly tedious IMO (has to be, so they can put more ads in your face and not go bankrupt)

Posted this on the chit chat thread as I forgot where this thread was located. 

4 hours ago, Bassboy3313 said:

Someone posted this on BF and thought it was worth a share. Seems to be a Google Chrome plugin fix for the photobucket fiasco. I haven't tried it myself, but others have said it worked for them. 

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-embed-fix/naolkcpnnlofnnghnmfegnfnflicjjgj