WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

WTB: 24V/M54 swap parts

m42b32

33 minutes ago, Earl said:

The headers aren't going to fit? =(

Not without some work, they'll bolt to the head but one of the mid-pipe flanges hits the block and I'll need to add O2 bungs. This wouldn't be a problem but I don't have the capability to weld stainless at the moment. I'm thinking I can make the OBD2 manifolds work much easier, and then some time in the future I can modify the shorty's to work

24 minutes ago, Rekpoint said:

I am going to be buying an m3 midpipe that comes with stock headers.If you are interested I can sell you the headers. Only problem is I'm quite far away.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Tubular OBD2 manifolds? If they're cheap enough I'd pay for shipping 

1 hour ago, m42b32 said:

Not without some work, they'll bolt to the head but one of the mid-pipe flanges hits the block and I'll need to add O2 bungs. This wouldn't be a problem but I don't have the capability to weld stainless at the moment. I'm thinking I can make the OBD2 manifolds work much easier, and then some time in the future I can modify the shorty's to work

Do you have a mig with gas? You can buy spools of stainless and mig it. 

1 hour ago, Daggerty said:

Do you have a mig with gas? You can buy spools of stainless and mig it. 

I have a mig that can be set up for gas (just need to buy a tank). I've never made an exhaust before, so I'd like to give it a go in mild steel instead of screwing up a bunch of nicer stainless parts