WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

RIP Chester Bennington

Bassboy3313

With the recent extremely tragic news of Chris Cornell ending his own life, another great artist fell victim too, Chester Bennington of Linkin Park. Linkin Park was a HUGE part of my childhood and high school. They were one of the sole bands that got me into playing and writing music in my younger years. Yes their recent albums weren't the greatest, but their early work put a staple in alternative rock as well as paved the way for many other great bands that have become popular. He will be missed along with many other great musicians throughout history. I am glad I was able to experience his performance with Linkin Park live at least once.

I read a bit about his background on wikipedia and it appears he certainly had his share of troubles. Its pretty tragic when a person gets to the point where the decision to not exist is the better alternative to existing, or when their judgement is too impaired to know better.

Its an important reminder that you dont know what a person is going through on the inside even though things may look normal out on the surface.