WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

E30 M52

B C

This is my lifter bucket keeper-upper so the lifters dont fall out when removing/installing the cam trays.

Steel rod with some magnets

4b7044186d3fd3f5f3bacb0ecbf25fd3.jpg

I was going to assemble the oil pump with the E34 pickup tube but noticed a knick in the pump outer ring. 7cef1722c82b0915ffa066a43c5373be.jpg

(Assembled view so you can see what part I am talking about)

6e37a04bc773d0a2f1263944ba6e3ddc.jpg

This part isnt under too much stress but it gets loaded cyclically and its a perfect storm for a crack to form from fatigue+heat. If the ring opens up at all it will jam/sieze

I am ordering a new one and will replace the pressure relief valve components while im at it. I wasnt planning on it but its a Wednesday and I had KFC for dinner so I guess I will

This is the bracket for the rear-sump pickup tube. It gets bent/broken off for fitment of the front sump pan.

49d1b7c7dbc5d44784ecdee45c5d7e6e.jpg

My progress is at a crossroads until parts arrive and there isnt too much I can do to keep moving forward so I think I will use the time to modify the shift linkage and shift carrier so i can drop them off with Mr. Welderdude.

I picked up the oil pan from him monday

2a0e8d697860fc55217d5feeda379b4e.jpg

This E30 is not likely to be road legal in 2017. If I didn't have to finish the exhaust and re-register it I would say yes. I am doing what I can to get back to enjoying the car.

Tom,  cool your tits, we just got Dairy Queen, DONT YOU LIKE DAIRY QUEEN!?!?!?

I received a few final pieces to finish rebuilding the oil pump. The new outer rotor has a .002" larger diameter than the old one which in itself will increase/restore pump performance substantially.

The overpressure relief springs had an evident difference in length and stiffness . The new one being longer and stiffer and better for preventing any early bleed-off of pressure. The new o-ring was badly needed as well.

The Achillies upgraded pump shaft comes with a bolt instead of a nut, a new sprocket (has flats instead of splines, a bmw sprocket will not work on this shaft) and safety wire.

I also received the little cam tray dowel I needed. Lets see if I can finally get these stupid camshafts installed this weekend

ba2ad656481d311997902f4ff0cb54d7.jpg

43a930fc3f83ce5d19896f44eb73d0ff.jpg