WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

E30 M52

B C

DANGIT, BOBBY!

I am installing my brake master cylinder right now and the charcoal canister wont fit anymore and needs to come out (okay, its out) and as im installing the two nuts that hold the master cylinder on, one of them is just spinning. 🤯

So I am inside cooling down so I dont rage and just stick an impact gun on it out of spite.

Im going to assume it is splined like a wheel stud and will try pulling the stud towards the front of the car before cursing up a storm and pulling the manifold and booster out.

*serenity now*

I cut the spinning nut off with a dremel and ground away some paint for a tack weld. I believe I should have enough clearance for a small tack since the master cylinder has voids.

2aae97cc7b5de66557f823c4e1d55534.jpg

3579526fa2af57428fde32567a85f54c.jpg

Depends on if the taaack weld you lay on there matches or has a smaller radius then the chamfer on the master cylinder. I suggest you get a set or these to make sure.

880ba18a7d5ed4f361b4271763663a80.jpg

That is pretty much all I ever use. It is nicer to grind and smooth out

Back in the pre-Megasquirt era, the AFM to cone filter adapters I could find had a very poor transition between the round tube and the rectangular afm entry. The air simply runs into a wall. So I packed JB putty in the corners to make a radius, then ground and sanded it smooth as glass after it hardened.

I keep a stick of it in the car tool kit as it can patch an aluminum oil pan

Good news: The micro bead of JB putty worked. The master cylinder is installed

Stupid News: its dark and everything is covered in humidity juice.

List of things you can do on a 24v swapped e30 without removing the intake manifold:

- install master cylinder

- change spark plugs

- change injectors

- rotate tires

- complain

I hate this E21 brake booster.

It sits closer to the firewall than stock and as i went to attach the clutch feed hose at the reservoir and start bleeding the system, i realized the clutch feed hose is slightly pinched behind the booster where it comes through the firewall.

As i loosened the brake booster to see what other angles i might try routing the hose, one of the studs on the interior side of the booster started spinning. I used blue loctite on the nut during install and I think that is a contributing factor. Regardless, the studs shouldnt be this prone to spinning....

I dont have a solution for that yet and I dont know if theres enough room to cut the nut off with a dremel like i had to do for the brake master cylinder mounting nut.

I ordered 3 feet of new clutch MC feed hose and im going to route the hose through the firewall through a rubber blank near the strut tower. The clutch MC feed hose is old anyways. The pedal area just isnt anyones favorite place to wrench.

I made some minuscule progress in other areas but its not worth mentioning.

I replaced the belts and noisy idlers on my nissan flagship sedan so at least there was that success