WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

E30 M52

B C

33 minutes ago, Jdesign said:

+1 for using a time-serts, a much better option IMO. I would think you of all people would hate to do something a second or third time. 

I have 3 kids,  what are you trying to say here?!?!

Gosh dang you guys and your Timesert recommendations after I have already committed to using a Helicoil

Oil pan off, oil pump shaft/rotor removed, e39 oil pan thrown in garbage, worthless stock e34 oil pan baffle removed and thrown in garbage, arrangements made to drop off pan and Achillies Motorsport baffle off with welderdude tomorrow.

Stock oil pump shaft will be pressed out tomorrow at work and upgraded one installed. Stock oil pump sprocket, nut and shaft will be thrown in the garbage tomorrow

8675602e19d3bb68641a12fbe8cfa683.jpg

d399241a7dc6e9138b110079656c461f.jpg

275848fb0e6abea4215fb367be681cd0.jpg

1a1fc23d189afc2a0ab75ccd7fbacf2d.jpg

081cadf3e98af774e541e4985623fe37.jpg

I installed my 2 helicoils. The cam trays are no fun to install. I am using a folded over strip of tape to keep the lifters from falling out but it looks like I will need to resort to using magnets.

I have so much sweat

Assembly lube fixes the issue of them falling out.

I got the intake cam installed and torqu... no I didnt. The last 2 stripped.

Im even using a brand new torque wrench with a certificate of calibration and everything.

Stupid 24V

Update: fixed 1 of the 3 remaining stripped holes. Tap fell and rolled somewhere. 10 minutes of sweaty searching and I quit. I'll just buy a new one and find the old one right after I start using it.

Let me also tell you of the struggle of getting a straight drill/tap with the head on the engine hanging from an engine hoist (i cannot rest it on something now because the pan is off)

This is a common occurrence on the Toyota 3VZE which is also a shitty engine