WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Steelblue E36 Build Thread

Rekpoint

Yes, yes you can lol. I had a Uro pcv hose on my fiance's mk4 Jetta and it lasted only four months before dry rotting
Man. I guess when I buy kits from ECS I'll keep an eye out. I bought a shifter bushings kit too with 2 uro parts. Ah fuck now you guys have me paranoid.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

17 hours ago, Rekpoint said:

Man. I guess when I buy kits from ECS I'll keep an eye out. I bought a shifter bushings kit too with 2 uro parts. Ah fuck now you guys have me paranoid.

I mean it is pretty hard to mess up the shifter bushings so I wouldn't be too worried about those. I upgraded all of my stuff to delrin so that it took all of the slop out of the stock design. 

Bought an E36 m3 lip for my lux bumper today. Sanding it down and painting it black. Found it under a sign. I also finally got my shiftknob and side markers from @wasnt m3. For those of you who didn't know spider got into a really bad head-on collision going to buy a new Miata. He was in the hospital since the 12th when it happend.  I plan on trying to rewrap the knob in suede.

f9478c0e7305f10afe4264565ddccd22.jpg77064282adcd804edc8dbac7544e810a.jpg65049ae0e1329fdf10ff2b4a037f4f04.jpg

8 hours ago, Rekpoint said:

Scary, keep us updated.

I hope the text message that the lady in the equinox was working on got sent before the crash happened because it was clearly very important...

Hey all, just popped in to check in on this thread and kinda wanted to give an update of everything that happened.

So my friend and I went to go pick up my new Miata on Monday the 19th, and once we got about 15 minutes away from the car, the lady struck the rear corner of the semi with the side of her SUV and hit us head on. We were in a 2002 Camry doing about 45-50, and she was in a newer Equinox doing about 60. The crash ended up pushing our car back some even. I ended up flying over the airbag and smashing my head on the windshield so I had a super bad concussion. I had internal bleeding from tears in my smaller and larger intestine, and I fractured my L2 lumbar in my spine. I cant feel part of my leg but I still have full strength. I wasnt able to eat or drink for about 10 days when I was in the hospital, and I finally got home last wednesday on the 28th. Im getting a lot better at walking and functioning normally, and I even started driving again yesterday. The lady who hit us has no idea what happened, and she got the worst injuries out of all 3 of us involved. My friend who was driving just has a back brace for 6 weeks, then he is gonna be back to 100% after he gets that off. I have another surgery scheduled on my back next January to get the 6 screws and 2 titanium rods taken out of my spine, but after then I will be back to normal 100%! Thanks for the support!

camry.jpg

Heres the camry after the accident. You can see where I went over the airbag and hit the windshield.

20180401_175405.jpg

I also did end up with the miata. My dad and brother got the money and bought it when I was in the hospital. I love it so far.

EDIT: Glad to see that bumper going to good use ;D

2 minutes ago, GunMetalGrey said:

Wow, that thing took a hit for sure. 
It sucks that you were doing nothing wrong and got hit like that, never a great situation. I'm glad to hear you're doing okay though! 

I gotta ask, due to the head on the windshield, were you wearing a seat belt?

Yup! The seatbelt was actually the cause for my broken back and the internal bleeding. Im 6'4" and when we got in the accident I was sitting pretty relaxed which caused me to have a bunch of movement.

• 2 weeks later...

All primed up ready to go to the painter Tuesday or Wednesday! For anyone wondering I used 2 cans of ProXL Pro Ultra build primer. 13$ a pop but that was what I was told to use. He will spray another layer of primer the base then clear. 7991eba47640100cbab3bd7df28b52fd.jpg7c51c977e50ba0d327479172b07f3fba.jpgb9ed0fd289163e23aa16cf651516ac6d.jpg

I also made the mistake of buying a set of "mint" Depo headlights. Needless to say the mechanic who took them off broke one and the guy who sent them out didn't check before sending. He refunded me 50$ and I am selling them for 110 today.

Buying zkws or Boschs from Earl's friend sometime this weekend.