WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Steelblue E36 Build Thread

Rekpoint

If any of these places are little ma and pa shops it couldn't hurt to ask if there is a cash price.
I'm going to be stopping at 2 smaller shops this afternoon. I'll definitely ask if there is a cash price. My overall goal is to get a price under 250$ probably won't happen but doesn't hurt to try.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Rekpoint said:

I'm going to be stopping at 2 smaller shops this afternoon. I'll definitely ask if there is a cash price. My overall goal is to get a price under 250$ probably won't happen but doesn't hurt to try.

Some times the cheapest one isn't always the best, but sometimes it is. Just be prepared. Sometime the most expensive isn't the best.

A coworker of mine knows the guy you owns the Maaco in New Berlin and they do fantastic paint work. It is the second largest grossing Maaco in the nation. They do all the dealership cars around the area as well. Just because it says Maaco, doesn't mean its always a $500 paint job. 
Yeah I see nothing wrong with Macco to get a panel painted. My only problem is the nearest one is about an hour away.

2 hours ago, Bassboy3313 said:

A coworker of mine knows the guy you owns the Maaco in New Berlin and they do fantastic paint work. It is the second largest grossing Maaco in the nation. They do all the dealership cars around the area as well. Just because it says Maaco, doesn't mean its always a $500 paint job. 

Thats the same Maaco that fucked me over. I PERSONALLY Removed all the trim, headlights, door handles etc, so they wouldn't fuck up....guess the paint job didn't include prepping the car. Sprayed right over dirt, dust, and salt. :(

No hope for humanity. 

Thats the same Maaco that fucked me over. I PERSONALLY Removed all the trim, headlights, door handles etc, so they wouldn't fuck up....guess the paint job didn't include prepping the car. Sprayed right over dirt, dust, and salt. [emoji20]
No hope for humanity. 
You are correct on assuming a cheap maaco paint job does not include any prep. You MUST specify everything you want them to do if you want a better than maaco spray job. Their main business is cheap paint jobs, that's why.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

On 2/9/2018 at 4:09 PM, Bassboy3313 said:

You are correct on assuming a cheap maaco paint job does not include any prep. You MUST specify everything you want them to do if you want a better than maaco spray job. Their main business is cheap paint jobs, that's why.

I told them all the body work was done, all it needed was to be cleaned and prepped because I drove it.  Apparently they took that as "Just paint over all the salt and road gravel." I contacted BBB about it because they wouldnt fix it either. FUCKING NIGHTMARE. I sold the car, FUCK MACCO. "Shrug"

I told them all the body work was done, all it needed was to be cleaned and prepped because I drove it.  Apparently they took that as "Just paint over all the salt and road gravel." I contacted BBB about it because they wouldnt fix it either. FUCKING NIGHTMARE. I sold the car, FUCK MACCO. "Shrug"
Yeah that's some bullshit right there. Annoying!

5 minutes ago, Jdesign said:

BBB is a joke.  I have to deal with BBB complaints and I can tell you with great confidence that they are treated just as any other complaint that comes through any medium.  The BBB is a non-profit that is funded by the businesses they are rating.  You CANNOT get an A+ rating from the BBB  without being a paid member.  The BBB also has absolutely ZERO power to levy any damages to a business nor can they force them to do anything and merely act as an avenue for the customer to send a complaint.  That is it.  If you ever want action from a company then file a complaint with the Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection.

37 minutes ago, patsbimmer1 said:

BBB is a joke.  I have to deal with BBB complaints and I can tell you with great confidence that they are treated just as any other complaint that comes through any medium.  The BBB is a non-profit that is funded by the businesses they are rating.  You CANNOT get an A+ rating from the BBB  without being a paid member. 

This. I was under the illusion that BBB rating was an earned honor until I set up a small business a number of years ago, was contacted by BBB with an offer to join and found out that I had to pay to play. I said no thank you.

The racket, brilliant by the way, is that the public perception of a A+ BBB rating as an unbiased source / seal of approval can pressure businesses to pay up to be able to use that seal in their advertising especially if their competitors are doing the same. Now the less cynical view, and the narrow BBB material self-interest point aside for the moment, would be that ideally by placing themselves in a condition of "rhetorical capture" through the act of joining the BBB businesses have an incentive to engage in and maintain good behavior when dealing with customers. And everyone is the better for it. But to really make this work the BBB should be upfront about its ratings operation. 

Ultimately though as patsbimmer said the business's choice on how to respond to BBB complaints is a different deal. The BBB has already gotten their cut, the business is now locked into the rating scam, and it is left to the business to figure out what complaints to prioritize if at all. As an unhappy customer, filing a BBB complaint will not lead to anything magical.     

I was going to install my dashcam Saturday but it appears my hardwire kit and sd card got lost in the mail :/ I also got a Bluetooth thing for my radio so I don't have to fiddle with an auxiliary cord.

Skipping Valintines day because it will be 40° on Wednesday. So I'll probably be priming my bumper so it's ready for paint.

19 hours ago, Rekpoint said:

I was going to install my dashcam Saturday but it appears my hardwire kit and sd card got lost in the mail :/ I also got a Bluetooth thing for my radio so I don't have to fiddle with an auxiliary cord.

Skipping Valintines day because it will be 40° on Wednesday. So I'll probably be priming my bumper so it's ready for paint.

What type of Bluetooth transmitter? I bought a cheap one thinking it would solve all my problems, cure cancer, and prove that there is life on mars. It did nothing but flash a blue light at me.

3 minutes ago, Jdesign said:

What type of Bluetooth transmitter? I bought a cheap one thinking it would solve all my problems, cure cancer, and prove that there is life on mars. It did nothing but flash a blue light at me.

https://isimple.com/catalog/professional-installed-kits/isfm2351

I wont install that stupid button it has. Looks dumb.

On 2/12/2018 at 12:19 PM, Rekpoint said:

What dashcam are you using? I have been meaning to install one in my car

What dashcam are you using? I have been meaning to install one in my car
I have this one https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B014S09OKO/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1518548602&sr=8-4&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=dashcam+hd&dpPl=1&dpID=41Ua-hIi1KL&ref=plSrch

I refunded my hardwire kit so hopefully I'll get it installed Thursday. I'll let you know how it is.