WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

95 M3 with s50b32 engine

damnboy037

Question

I haven't touched this project in nearly a decade (since 08) because I was putting all my money into our family business (properties).  It payed off since I now have money to spend on our expensive hobby (as well as my investments).

Now I'm looking to get this project running this fall.  I had Alex L delete EWSII at the time, but now I am stuck trying to connect the DME to the chassis, what kind of standalone should I be looking for.  I currently have a bunch of crap in my garage, but it'll be all gone once I purchase a new property, just looking to get a (nearly decade late) head start before I actually start getting my hands into this mess. 

Thank you

3 answers to this question

I'd start here. http://www.vems.com/vems-motronic55.html

You would want to confirm that the ecu connector on the euro S50 is a bosch 55 pin and that you would be able to have dual VANOS control. The benefit of running VEMS is that a bunch of upside-down folks run it in Australia/New Zealand where the Euro S50 is more abundant so you will be able to go on some VEMS/euro BMW forums and find a base tune, and info on other settings.

If you cant get dual VANOS control setup easily on VEMS then you may as well just run Megasquirt 3 since it is the most flexible platform for getting exactly what you want out of a fuel management system as long as you are willing to figure some things out

https://www.diyautotune.com/shop/mspro-efi-ems/ms3pro/ms3pro-ecu/