WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

N54 tuning

white96850turbo

Question

Hey guys,

Looking for some N54 tuning advice.  Is there anyone in the area who does N54 tuning (via JB4), or are most of you guys using the user adjustable map and making your own adjustments? My car's mods are in signature, but I will soon be running a Fuel-it stage 3 LPFP, Vargas shotgun, and 3.5 bar tmap sensor.

Anyone willing to give me hand / advice with tuning it correctly?

6 answers to this question

Yes I'm running MHD backend currently... ill have to play with map 6 some and do some data logging (only been running map 5 with a 30% e85 mix, and the car feels great).  Do you just adjust your boost target and leave everything else alone?

I'm in the Milwaukee / Wauwatosa area, and by the way, your 135i inspired me to get one!

14 hours ago, white96850turbo said:

Yes I'm running MHD backend currently... ill have to play with map 6 some and do some data logging (only been running map 5 with a 30% e85 mix, and the car feels great).  Do you just adjust your boost target and leave everything else alone?

I'm in the Milwaukee / Wauwatosa area, and by the way, your 135i inspired me to get one!

Yeah, I just adjusted boost target and duty bias. If you're familiar with logging, just make sure it isn't running lean or pulling timing. Adjust ethanol content and duty bias accordingly. I'm targeting 23psi and the car loves it with about E45 fuel.

Nice to hear the kind words, hope you like your 135i!

14 hours ago, white96850turbo said:

Since you've got upgraded turbos, IMO it'd be a good idea to get a custom tune from somebody like Ken at Wedge, Motiv, etc.

I live in Milwaukee and work in Tosa, what color is your 135i? I've seen a handful around the area recently.

8 hours ago, bk335 said:

Since you've got upgraded turbos, IMO it'd be a good idea to get a custom tune from somebody like Ken at Wedge, Motiv, etc.

I live in Milwaukee and work in Tosa, what color is your 135i? I've seen a handful around the area recently.

Yes I was thinking of going with Trebila, he has a lot of great reviews on N54tech.com.

My 135i is white, looks completely stock right now minus blackline tail lights and black grills... Its a sleeper, ha