WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Walnut blasting

REKIII

Does anyone know of a local (semi loca, WI) that does walnut blasting.......for a d?  Friend has a 335D with 104K and feels he should get the engine torn down and blasted, but he'd really like to take it to someone who has torn apart a d before, as they are a bit different than the normal 335 twin.

Thanks for any suggestions

Does anyone know of a local (semi loca, WI) that does walnut blasting.......for a d?  Firned has a 335D with 104K and feels he should get the engine torn down and blasted, but he'd really like to take it to someone who has torn apart a d before, as they are a bit different than the normal 335 twin.

Thanks for any suggestions

Wasn't there a guy on here, bob or something, that blasted nuts?

7 hours ago, Daggerty said:

Figure out how to do it yourself and charge people for it.

Yes......realized that option, but the original request was for someone experience in tearing down the diesel beast.  'Figuring out how to do it myself' would not meet that requirement.

Not sure how Bmw has their Diesel engine set up but basically the same. I don't know if they have the injectors that work off of oil pressure but even so if you can take apart a gas engine you wouldn't have trouble. Just make sure the oiler jets for the pistons are put in right, as well as the pistons otherwise..... you'll get more practice.

If this was my car, I might attempt it, but it's a friend, and he's looking for someone experienced.  I agree with your points and it probably wouldn't be that difficult, other than learning to tear down a diesel, learning how to walnut blast, and learning how to reassemble.