WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Build Thread?

GunMetalGrey

I am actually glad I sold the m50, things worked out really well for some odd reason.

And at this point I think I will be constructing myself and MS2 setup.

Just throwing out a heads up on the MegaSquirt II set up, I want it for my boost build. But thanks to TJ, and my searching, you won't find too many people around here that like to tune it, sadly... =\

And that's why tuner studio is awesome, you can get a decent street tune going with it. A friend of mine has a boosted miata on ms3 with tuner studio, and damn it built a real decent tune within hour two hours of driving it. I was very impressed with it.

During this time you can learn enough about tuning to maybe adjust some things with confidence!

Just throwing out a heads up on the MegaSquirt II set up, I want it for my boost build. But thanks to TJ, and my searching, you won't find too many people around here that like to tune it, sadly... =\

There is a muscle car shop in West Bend that works with MS. $750 for a full tune: quarter, half, 3/4 and full throttle. (don't quote me on the price) I'll search for the shop. Lost there name in my head somewhere.

So just finished up a nice four hour session on the donor car, I love how on e36's you can just take the whole front of the car off. I realized that and had a nice four year old happy dance moment.

Posted Image

Got most of it done, tomorrow I will take the drive shaft out, take off the exhaust (with any luck) and I think after that it will be good to pull out.

How it sits for the night,

Posted Image

I have never been more frustrated before, after about 12 hours of working on cars I gave up.

Got tims (my motor, in his car) running and driving so that was cool.

Went back to the garage to get the m50 out, all was going well until the shifter carrier clip (bitch clip) came up, got the clip swung up but couldn't get the actual pin out. So I brought out the new die grinder and took care of that real quick.

Went to pull the motor out, and after a bit figured out that it hangs up on the steering shaft. The oilpan needs about another inch of room before it will come otu.

After almost throwing a few things I decided it was time to call it a night, and some internet searching revealed that it is almost necessary to remove the steering shaft to get the motor out.

I swear it is easier to take the m50 out of an e30 vs taking it out of the car it is SUPPOSED to be in. That makes little to no sense to me.

And once again, a thanks to the father unit for putting up with me tonight! And all of the cars I have been accumulating!