WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

2017 WI Bimmers Spring Meet and Cruise - Saturday, April 15th, 2017

wasnt m3

On 4/15/2017 at 10:57 PM, gosharik12 said:

Today was a perfect start to the year, good weather, good people, good cars.

Also, what is a WCEC bro, I've never heard of this.

WCEC Bro: A "car enthusiast" who often posts in the Wisconsin Car Enthusiast Club on facebook, has their chevy cruze rear window covered in WCEC and K&N stickers, fart can exhaust, plasti-dipped wheels, a windshield banner, and often tries to race everyone on the street. 

2017-04-17 07_49_18-Wisconsin Car Enthusiast Club.png

On 4/17/2017 at 7:45 AM, bk335 said:

WCEC Bro: A "car enthusiast" who often posts in the Wisconsin Car Enthusiast Club on facebook, has their chevy cruze rear window covered in WCEC and K&N stickers, fart can exhaust, plasti-dipped wheels, a windshield banner, and often tries to race everyone on the street. 

2017-04-17 07_49_18-Wisconsin Car Enthusiast Club.png

Gross.

Car Enthusiast and Chevy Cruze should never be used in the same sentence.

Wow, aren't you all a bunch of fancy fvcks.  Too bad we all cant be as wealthy as all of you here to be high brow enough to afford High end BMW's when we are 16.

Granted a lot of them are douchy pricks, but if they had the cash, they wouldn't be driving around stickered up cruz's.  It's how you get started as a car enthusiast, there are growing pains. 

Maybe it was a good thing I was out of the country for this meet, I probably would have been spat upon for showing up in my stickered up ford.

45 minutes ago, REKIII said:

Wow, aren't you all a bunch of fancy fvcks.  Too bad we all cant be as wealthy as all of you here to be high brow enough to afford High end BMW's when we are 16.

Granted a lot of them are douchy pricks, but if they had the cash, they wouldn't be driving around stickered up cruz's.  It's how you get started as a car enthusiast, there are growing pains. 

Maybe it was a good thing I was out of the country for this meet, I probably would have been spat upon for showing up in my stickered up ford.

I didn't wanna be the one to speak up. We all come from somewhere. Hell, I started with a 5-speed Ford Focus that I put intake, headers, exhaust, and nitrous on. Didn't even make 200whp and I thought I was king shit with blue LEDs everywhere and a "No Fat Chicks, Car Will Scrape" sticker. Even had HIDs in halogen housings.

Some of the "enthusiasts" in WCEC suck, but a lot of "enthusiasts" outside of WCEC suck as well. To be fair, there's some janky BMWs on this board if I do say so myself. Some of these cheap E30s aren't any better because they have a BMW emblem on the hood. Everyone starts somewhere and I can appreciate anyone who puts blood, sweat, and tears into their builds - no matter the car. I grew up in a family that never turned wrenches and could care less about what kind of vehicle they drove as long as it got them where they needed to go. I've bought (or accumulated) all my own tools and learned most of the things I know from friends and the internet.

Photo evidence:

mkOLf48.jpg

4556825670_3fa044b6f2_z.jpg

4556825138_afe91c75ed_z.jpg

4556823412_01d8e0a96d_z.jpg

1 hour ago, REKIII said:

You're the same dick neck that berated a group of people for owning Milwaukee tools.  Get off your fucking high horse.

Alrighty guys, cool the jets.

What I meant when I said "no wcec bros" was people showing up seeking attention to prove their street cred for their mods, street racing "skills", bragging rights etc would simply be ignored as that has been an issue at past meets with "outsiders". The WCEC scene has just been the butt of the joking around here lately so my apologies for that. The goal of the meets and this forum is to share interest around BMW's if you own one or not.  

Just a reminder that we are all inclusive around here albeit with some *constructive criticism*. Anybody can be a enthusiast for anything, as REKIII and Suspenceful have a point not all of us (more likely most) didn't own a BMW as a first car. That Chevy Cruze is worth more than the combined value of 7+ BMW's I've owned.

In conclusion let's keep things friendly, Personal attatcks aren't tolerated. 

19 hours ago, REKIII said:

I roll hard in my high end BMW though. Wait...I think I had that backwards, I hardly roll in my "high end" BMW.

Was it even high end in 1989?!

I don't know if it's their vehicle choice as much as it is the attitude of what is now being considered the "WCEC Bro".
I don't really care what you drive or put money into, if you like working on your car that's cool. But if you are going to rant on and on about how great you and your car are and how you will race anything and beat it and how it was clearly designed as a racecar not an econobox I will get annoyed with you. 

"car enthusiast" stickers on Kias and Hyundias is dumb. Sure, we "all had to start somewhere", but that doesn't mean that those of us who have been interested in cars for more than a few weeks should care. Nor does it make a Kia a car worth being enthusiastic about.