WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

2017 WI Bimmers Spring Meet and Cruise - Saturday, April 15th, 2017

wasnt m3

1 hour ago, Daggerty said:

How low friendly is this? My scavenger pump is sitting low at the moment.

Stu ran the route with me a few days ago in his track-prepped E46 which is pretty low. The ride sucked because his suspension and bushings are super stiff but he wasn't bottoming out on anything. 

On 4/10/2017 at 5:36 PM, gosharik12 said:

I have a Go-Pro Hero 4, I'm not ballsy enough to suction cup it to the exterior unless someone has experience?

i have used the go-pro suction mount at Road America going faster than you ever will on this cruise and it did not fall off. They are really strong. 

13 minutes ago, i_love_cars said:

Stu ran the route with me a few days ago in his track-prepped E46 which is pretty low. The ride sucked because his suspension and bushings are super stiff but he wasn't bottoming out on anything. 

Thanks there is about a 100% chance of me being there in a bmw and a 50% chance of me being there. 

Will there be several lead cars to guide groups? It seems like a decent amount of people are going then add in the lurk factor.

13 hours ago, Daggerty said:

Thanks there is about a 100% chance of me being there in a bmw and a 50% chance of me being there. 

Will there be several lead cars to guide groups? It seems like a decent amount of people are going then add in the lurk factor.

it's an easy route and i don't think we're going to have enough people for there to be a problem there.

30 minutes ago, i_love_cars said:

it's an easy route and i don't think we're going to have enough people for there to be a problem there.

Not to mention the amount of traffic on those roads should be next to none. You should have a very unlikely chance of getting split up=)

Also, there is one change to the route - instead of turning onto Oak Dr. to Hwy 28 to Moraine Dr, we will instead take Hwy H to Moraine Dr and head north and resume the normal route. Everything else is the same.

I was hoping the gravel would be gone from Oak Dr. by now but after re-running the route a couple days ago, I can confirm that it is still shit. 

13 minutes ago, i_love_cars said:

Also, there is one change to the route - instead of turning onto Oak Dr. to Hwy 28 to Moraine Dr, we will instead take Hwy H to Moraine Dr and head north and resume the normal route. Everything else is the same.

I was hoping the gravel would be gone from Oak Dr. by now but after re-running the route a couple days ago, I can confirm that it is still shit. 

Yeah it is always that bad lol