WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

2017 WI Bimmers Spring Meet and Cruise - Saturday, April 15th, 2017

wasnt m3

Saturday, April 15, 2017 WI Bimmers will be hosting a meet and cruise. The event will start with a meet/lunch at Buffalo Wild Wings in West Bend ( 705 W Paradise Dr, West Bend, WI 53095) from 11:30am-1:00pm. From there, we will leave no later than 1:10pm and begin the the cruise(approximately 1 hour of driving), ending at the Ice Age Visitor Center in Campbellsport. There we will be able to regather, chat, take pics, ect. Attached is a google maps link of the route. Looking forward to starting the season off with a good turnout!

Big shout out to Jordan for all of his efforts!

Map: 2017 Spring Cruise Route

45 North to Hwy H. Turn Right (East) onto Hwy H.

Left turn (north) onto Oak Dr. - be aware that a few spots on this road have small patches of gravel which may or may not be clear in time for the cruise

Right turn (east) onto hwy 28

Left turn (north) onto Moraine dr

Left turn (northwest) onto Hwy DD / Youth Camp Rd - the sign is hard to see and comes up as you are exiting the small town

Right turn (North) onto Hwy G - this road is a little cut up but nothing extreme

Left turn (West) onto Hwy SS - Watch out for bump/dip when passing Zillmer Trail parking area

Keep on SS crossing over Hwy 67 until you hit Hwy 45

Left turn (south) onto Hwy 45

Left turn (East) onto Hwy 67

Right turn (south) onto SS

3/4 of a mile down when SS bends left, stay straight to go South onto Double D (look for a 45 MPH marker)

Right turn onto Lovers Ln - this is a completely blind turn at the top of the hill on Double D and has no road sign. It is the first right turn you can make on Double D.

Left turn (south) onto Hwy 45

Right turn (West) onto Sunset Dr

Right turn (Northeast) onto Hwy 67

End at Ice age visitors center on hwy 67

Watch out for gravel on Oak Drive and G. People bang the shoulders on those not knowing how to drive all the time=/ Also, SS is under construction outside of New Prospect. They had the area around the road all tore up when I went through there roughly a month ago. I would think they'll be tearing up the road soon if they haven't already. I am super bummed that I can't make it because these are the roads I drive constantly

1 hour ago, Earl said:

Watch out for gravel on Oak Drive and G. People bang the shoulders on those not knowing how to drive all the time=/ Also, SS is under construction outside of New Prospect. They had the area around the road all tore up when I went through there roughly a month ago. I would think they'll be tearing up the road soon if they haven't already. I am super bummed that I can't make it because these are the roads I drive constantly

I made this route and drove it 2 days ago and have noted all the things to watch out for on any road that has issues, including some of the spots on Oak Dr. that have gravel. Nothing is blocked by construction currently. TJ is just lazy and hasn't posted the text file I sent him yet that has step by step directions and notes everything to watch out for :P 

That said, I will be re-running the route prior to the cruise to make sure nothing has changed because I do know they have several construction areas with high-to-dos in the area. I will adjust the route if needed last minute ;) 

2 hours ago, straight6pwr said:

if 'needing a detail' stops you from showing your car to us chumps, you have us all wrong.

It's my door handle that bugs me more, I have to keep my window down to open it from the inside.  

My m3 is a black e36 making 6psi, was making 297rwhp at the time. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be in the area that morning for a friends birthday, so I may bring him for the cruise. Is it cool if he shows in his 300 srt8 or should I just let him drive my E90? I'm not sure I'll make it if he doesn't come along, staying at his place that weekend and don't want to ditch him.