WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Who is attending Road America events this year?

jc43089

Anybody going to some RA events this year?  

I plan to go to the IMSA racing on August 3-6th.  http://www.roadamerica.com/buy-tickets/continental-tire-road-race-showcase.html

My wife isn't into this sort of thing but my daughter and I will be there for the weekend tent camping probably.  Any particular area that WiBimmers folks gather at?

I was in the middle of the carousel last year, really not horrible but definitely a bit rowdy in the evening, closest to the showers though. I'll be in the small group of spots between turn 7 and 8 this year, I have no idea how it is for camping but wanted to try another area 

I can confirm that inside the carousel is rowdy from what I've seen and experienced the past few years that I have camped at RA.  We usually stay near turn 3 which is a lot quieter.  I will definitely be there for IMSA weekend with a group of buddies and their wives/fiances and possibly my wife.  If you're with a little one then i'd highly suggest the turn 3 area.  It's also got some nice shaded areas.

We don't usually designate a meet up area but we always end up running into each other and hanging out throughout the weekend.  I always manage to find Andy on accident and usually I purposely meet up with Chris and Co.

I'm hoping to make it out for the Hawk Vintage Weekend and Indy/Pirelli World Challenge.

I will be going to lots of RA events.  The Brian Redman vintage races are my favorite.  I camped in the carousel last year for that event, but I don't remember it being rowdy at all... i was kinda hoping for a little rowdiness. I've heard the superbike weekend is real rowdy.

• 3 months later...