WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Hackers could take over your car!!!

Jdesign

So I was browsing the webs and came across a post  " So a guy just started a locked giulia at the Milwaukee car show...with his phone"

Now I am not a computer illiterate guy, but I am also far from a hacker. I have had my fair share of free music and my downloading days of finding programs for free via the web, but this article sparked some interest of mine. So with a little research this led me to a more interesting article that is seriously frightening to me. The simple thought of someone being able to access a vehicles ECU via cell phone is insane. But taking that one step further and controlling it is down right nerve racking. Imaging someone who takes the time to figure this out, could control uh IDK......... 1000 cars at once and magically make them all slam on their brakes or make a hard turn left could kill thousands of people. 

https://www.wired.com/2015/07/hackers-remotely-kill-jeep-highway/

I am just curious what what anyone else thinks of this? 

This is why I drive old cars... can't get me!

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Instead they will just use a screw driver to steal your car. [emoji4]

I never lock my cars, keys are in the cup holder, hoping someone will steal them and I can get something better... it hasn't worked yet.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...