WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

2003 s55 beater

Daggerty

Picked up this old thing today for $4200, clean title and a folder full of maintenance history, 137,000 miles.

Just has a little damage in the front and tiny crack and scuff on rear bumper, core support is fine I pulled the hood tabs that go around the grille out the passenger headlight is wedged in there pretty good.

i will keep my eye out for a hood, but ordered a new grille for now. Looking to hit some winter events with this it has brand new winter tires and came with a set of cuntinentals 295 rears and 265 fronts brand new also. In case you didn't know it is just shy of 500 ponies.

IMG_0551.JPG

IMG_0552.JPG

IMG_0553.JPG

IMG_0554.JPG

IMG_0555.JPG

IMG_0556.JPG

IMG_0557.JPG

IMG_0558.JPG

IMG_0559.JPG

8 hours ago, Snap said:

AMG=All Money Gone

For that price, you cant go wrong.

In my mind this car is nearly the epitome of an expensive maintenance pig but I hope you can post some updates as time goes on. Im genuinely interested to know how something like this holds up

You are a brave soul

Did an oil change and that was 50 dollars, I was standing in the Walmart oil isle thinking does it really need synthetic oil. 

The heat didn't work so that helped beat the price down and figured out it was the heater duo pump valve quantum driver, used one ordered for 40 dollars. Also the shift knob wobbles side to side so the keyless go doesn't work but I will report back on the cost of that.

I have a ritual of going through every part on pelican parts before I buy a car, and prices were surprisingly low.

3 hours ago, andyhundley said:

Thats hilarious Snap!! 

haha +1

"German Secondhandious Luxobargious" 

is that contagious, or just contracted through contact with a luxobargious specimen?

if someone has already contracted GSL, is it like a vaccine where their immune system builds up a defense, thereby thwarting future contraction of the disease? or does it weaken the immune system, making them susceptible to relapse?

is chapter 7 the vaccine?

will brad and angelina ever get back together?

9 hours ago, straight6pwr said:

haha +1

"German Secondhandious Luxobargious" 

is that contagious, or just contracted through contact with a luxobargious specimen?

if someone has already contracted GSL, is it like a vaccine where their immune system builds up a defense, thereby thwarting future contraction of the disease? or does it weaken the immune system, making them susceptible to relapse?

is chapter 7 the vaccine?

will brad and angelina ever get back together?

It won't stop. Don't you hear the radio adds bad credit, no job, no license, no problem. 

Put a new grill on the pictures don't show much difference, also de lodged the pass headlight the housing is messed up and some metal brackets but it looks presentable.

the 50 dollar grill is junk the plastic tabs that hold the black insert in to the chrome front broke when letting the hood drop, but fittment was spot on.

threw in some money shots too

IMG_0564.JPG

IMG_0563.JPG

IMG_0565.JPG

IMG_0567.JPG

IMG_0568.JPG

IMG_0569.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Fixed every issue with the car, the keyless go button in the shift knob had the pins that go into the shift lever broken off. So I just took some welding wire and soldered it in as pins and it works now, and wrapped some tape around the lever so the shift knob doesn't wobble. The parking sensors did wierd things because one was unplugged. Heater valve pump thingy installed heat works. There was a loud screeching noise coming from a front wheel turned out to be a broken brake clip dragging on the rotor, 20 dollars for hardware kit. 

And now for fuel consumption....

IMG_0577.JPG

• 1 month later...

Well never ended up getting the parts car guy flaked out.

Put 3000 miles on it

needed a new thermostat, 95 dollars 15 min job

Alarm siren batteries are bad so if you lock the car the alarm will go off randomly throughout the night. I just unplugged it problem solved. To cheap to buy the 100 dollar siren.

Now for the cool stuff

motor mounts and trans mount that I filled with polyurethane 100 dollars

smaller sc pulley 

ecu tune 

belt wrap kit 

High flow pump for the sc heat exchanger, and seperated it from the car's cooling system. I opted out of the 1000 dollar pump from the tuning companies for a better one that was 170 dollars, its for a live well....

car is stupid fast now

i have a tuned tcu but have to replace a transmission connector seal 15 dollar part before I put it in because my tcu was filled with trans fluid do to itworking its way through the harness. No shifting issues though.

Below is a pic of how much oil was in the tcu

That whole package cost me 1250 dollars

IMG_0689.JPG

IMG_0687.JPG

IMG_0691.JPG

IMG_0692.JPG

IMG_0696.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Went ahead and put the summer tires on yesterday.

Went to a couple different places to get some prices for taking winter tires off and summers put on.

discount tire $150

tires plus $90

firestone $55

So I went to firestone where zippy the pin head put my tires on, quite impressive watching this considering his pants were falling off.

I told the manager make sure they put the tires on right because the rims are staggered, the 295s go on the 9 inch rim.

"But these are 18 inch rims?"

"don't worry we're professionals I'll make sure we get it right."

well they get my wheels on and I notice one of the rear tires has some pretty excessive bulge so I say, you put the wrong tire on this rim.

"no we put the wider tires in the rear"

then I say, yeah but the rim width is different for this wheel

"manufacturers make all the rims the same size"

words exchanged

"well they are already on there"

Long story short, I had them take the wheels off and show them how you read the rim size.

They fixed the issue at end of the day 

rant over....

Front 265 40 18 

rear 295 35 18

cuntinentals dws 

pictures don't do it justice

IMG_0722.JPG