WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Secret Santa 2016

B C

Am I the only one that still has an N64?  I've got 1080 snowboarding, Mario Kart, Turok, Golden eye, NFL QB club 98 and a few other games.

I do but it's in permanent residence at my parents house, joint sibling custody is hard. Plus with emulators you can save at any point and do other things not available on the console. No cartridges, and games from n64 are about 10-20MB so you could DL the entire Nintendo 64 library of games if you wanted! Still looking for a good version of Ken Griffey Jr Baseball though.

2 hours ago, visian said:

I do but it's in permanent residence at my parents house, joint sibling custody is hard. Plus with emulators you can save at any point and do other things not available on the console. No cartridges, and games from n64 are about 10-20MB so you could DL the entire Nintendo 64 library of games if you wanted! Still looking for a good version of Ken Griffey Jr Baseball though.

What about that satisfying feeling of pushing the cartridge in the console and hearing it snap in?  And having all of those cartridges laid out in front of you and picking your favorite to plop in there.  There's so much nostalgia!

What about that satisfying feeling of pushing the cartridge in the console and hearing it snap in?  And having all of those cartridges laid out in front of you and picking your favorite to plop in there.  There's so much nostalgia!

Very true, no substitute for the real thing. The nostalgia is definitely missing a bit, trust me you're talking to the guy who just pulled all his 90's lego sets out of the basement to rebuild over the holidays haha

23 hours ago, patsbimmer1 said:

Am I the only one that still has an N64?  I've got 1080 snowboarding, Mario Kart, Turok, Golden eye, NFL QB club 98 and a few other games.

I have one still. I have Zelda: Ocarina of Time (gold edition), Golden Eye, Diddy Kong Racing, and a few others. N64 was THE system my brother and I played growing up. All time greatest!

You rich kids with the N64, sheesh.   My sister and I got the original nintendo when I was 4 or 5, that was fun.  Then I got the Supernintendo a bunch of years later, and that was the last system I had until I bout a PS3 as an adult.

I have recently bought a vintage Supernintendo so I could kick my sons butt on MarioKart.  It was glorious!!!