On 2/1/2017 at 8:50 AM, andyhundley said:

Did you buy a temp gun yet

On 2/1/2017 at 10:24 AM, Jdesign said:

5 hours ago, GunMetalGrey said:

• 3 weeks later...

Pulled the thermostat to sanity check and it wouldn't get to temp. 
Put thermostat back in and it was running past 190 degrees after awhile, so it's certainly overheating. Not that this was news to me. 
Going to try a new expansion tank cap as it's the only thing that hasn't been replaced, and if that doesn't do the trick I'll probably just end up swapping motors. 

I did forget how much fun it was to drive. 

2017-03-13_10-11-38

Pulled the motor with the help of the guy that pulled it with me last time lol.

I took the stock single mass flywheel off and set it on the bench, I then went and grabbed my m52's flywheel with clutch and pressure plate on it. 
The stock single mass (228mm) flywheel weighs more than my aluminum (240mm) flywheel WITH the pressure plate and clutch disc. Found that funny as the weight difference is quite noticeable. 

Motor didn't end up making it here this weekend so it looks like it will be a next weekend project! 

• 2 weeks later...

That motor has been out for around4 years now, I do have video of when it last ran. Timing belt/water pump is "new" with no miles on it because I fried the dme shortly after and then decided to part the car and shell swap. It has around 168k on it and hadn't really been touched during the 3 years it was driven before part out.

11 hours ago, YoungCR said:

That motor has been out for around4 years now, I do have video of when it last ran. Timing belt/water pump is "new" with no miles on it because I fried the dme shortly after and then decided to part the car and shell swap. It has around 168k on it and hadn't really been touched during the 3 years it was driven before part out.

I can't quite tell if this was informative or slightly defensive lol.
I have no concerns with the motor, as it runs well even though its consistently missing. I'm sure it's something simple otherwise it would sound a lot worse! 
I look forward to trying to get the fuel rail out with the injectors, as it's quite the snug space! 

15 minutes ago, GunMetalGrey said:

I can't quite tell if this was informative or slightly defensive lol.
I have no concerns with the motor, as it runs well even though its consistently missing. I'm sure it's something simple otherwise it would sound a lot worse! 
I look forward to trying to get the fuel rail out with the injectors, as it's quite the snug space! 

Informative! Sorry haha