YOKOMAMA

THIS TIRE IS NITTO

GREATYEAR

DO YOU CATCH MY DRIFT

UNDER PRESSURE

stencil pictures of this guy's face. "slashed tires"

slash_stencil_by_joshuashua.jpg

tell me if youre tired of my puns

BF Hoodrich and YOKOMAMA are good juans. I dont think I could get tired of puns.

Well, "Hoosier Daddy" made the cut. The next set will certainly be "HoodRich" I haven't installed them on the car yet, but Im pretty happy with how they turned out. I ended up using plastidip as I didn't want to strip the wheels later when I decided this look gets old. The lips are transparent black and the faces are just normal rubber black. the tire letters were made using the same process as the last set, but I added a layer of transparent red over white.

They are far from perfect, but i assume they are going to get beat up anyways. It just adds to the character right?

IMG_6793.JPGIMG_6792.JPGIMG_6791.JPG

1 hour ago, suspenceful said:

Why 'daddie' and not 'daddy'?

Can't read the font anyways, lol.

IDK It was a last minute decision. It was less legible with the "IE" vs. the "Y" I was on the fence about just putting random numbers and letters on there too and just saying screw it. 

I bought some simple goodies online it anticipation that I can start driving this car.. Normally?

• CHEAP Angle kit
  • New Heater valve (Thanks @Daggerty but the one you gave me was shot :( ) 
  • Wink Mirror ( The stock one is really loose and falls constantly, plus having a helmet kills visibility)
  • Harness Bar - I was originally going to just weld a tube across the car, but then I would need to do that again with the next chassis. So I went about finding a and ordering a Cipher Racing one online, only to be bummed out as I ordered it and shipping said 5-7 business days. I have yet to get a tracking number so I contacted the website I bought it from and they said its a tentative order. It should ship out around April 30th LOLOL. Needless to say I want to cancel.

Accomplished:

• Earl helped me re-bleed the brakes again this past weekend so the brakes work great again. We took it for a drive and the rear still seems funky but I haven't adjusted the toe at all. I think that might be my problem
  • I installed the wink mirror which only took a few minutes
  • I test fit one of the wheels, but not all of them because I was in a hurry

Still need to order and find:

• A full set of matching lug nuts- Right now the car has about 5 different kinds and its really annoying
  • Coilovers - The Megan or whatever brand the ones that are on the car are too soft for my liking. Im not sure if they are blown because they dont clunk, but under heavy load it rubs, and its no where near low enough
  • Exhaust- @wasnt m3 Found some killer tips I need to make use of now! I will order some pipping and re route the cobbled exhaust. Hopefully I can make it sound less like a truck lol.

IMG_6805.JPGIMG_6810.JPGIMG_6808.JPGIMG_6811.JPG

12 hours ago, Daggerty said:

Tires look awesome, glad I didn't make you pay for the valve. I have spare solenoids if you need them.

Im surprised how they turned out considering its all plastidip. I just bought a new valve online for $30. Earl and I drove the car and the heat started working now though...???<_<

27 minutes ago, jc43089 said:

I think unplugged the valve goes full open, don't quote me on that though.

Ohhhh? I will have to check. i think most of the problem is the vents in the car and the main interface is just zip tied to the dash.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to convert my door windows to manual crank style?

1 minute ago, Jdesign said:

Ohhhh? I will have to check. i think most of the problem is the vents in the car and the main interface is just zip tied to the dash.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to convert my door windows to manual crank style?

I've looked into crank windows for my sedan and as far as I could tell they were never an option for the USA.  I was looking into it for weight reasons and quit after finding out that the manual mechanisms are almost no lighter than the power system.

28 minutes ago, jc43089 said:

I've looked into crank windows for my sedan and as far as I could tell they were never an option for the USA.  I was looking into it for weight reasons and quit after finding out that the manual mechanisms are almost no lighter than the power system.

Yeah I know. They were availble in the compacts. I was just looking for a simple way to do it, I thought someone may have a lead.

Been driving this thing more and more. Adjusted the rear toe angle as the rear still felt off. Turns out that the rear wheels were toes in quite a bit. I adjusted that and its MUCH better. I need to figure out what brakes I have, as the front calipers are rotors are huge for an E36. 17's seem to be the smallest wheels I can fit. I will need pads an rotors soon.

IMG_6838.JPGIMG_6839.JPG

I finally painted the underside of the hood. It use to be white with a weird looking skull from the PO. Black with red paint drips was my quick solution.

IMG_6836.JPG

I also want to get new coilovers. The entire car just feels so soft, but I do not want to spend $900 on coilovers on such a cheap car.

Do you guys have any suggestions?

So far I have heard - solowerks/maxpeddingrods/ RSK/ Raceland ultimo