WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

FuturisticConcept Art BMW E36 with a V8 on a bottom dollar budget

Jdesign

• 4 weeks later...

I finally did something...ehh bought something. 

I purchased some adjustable rear control arms as the ones in the car are factory, and I wrecked the old bushings as you saw earlier in this thread. 

These were $50 on eBay, and to my surprise, the quality is way better than I expected. I assume they were cheap because no one wants purple control arms.

IMG_6266.JPGIMG_6267.JPG

Finally made some bushings for the control arms last night. Delrin with aluminum inserts on the lathe. I made them in CAD first, and I think next time I make a set, I will just CNC them. It took me about 3 hours to cut everything out on the lathe, and the CNC would have taken about 5mins...Oh well. I will install them this week and button everything back up. I want to make new sub-frame bushings too, but I dread removing the sub-frame seeing how destroyed the bolts are from someone welding washers to them. ughhhhh.

IMG_6405.JPGIMG_6407.JPG

I also started mocking up how I want to route the exhaust. Currently its super hacked together and hangs really low under the car. I want to go lower but cant because of it.

IMG_63dbd92.jpg

Finished installing the bushings and new control arms last night and got it back on the ground. I still need to bleed the brakes again, but I will need to do that this weekend. I needed the car off of the lift so that I could work on a pile of shit Volkswagen I bought. 

IMG_6411.JPGIMG_6413.JPGIMG_6414.JPG

I also sprayed the tire letters red on one side of the car to get an idea of how it might look on the Centerlines.

IMG_6422.JPG