3 hours ago, jc43089 said:

Sweet action!  I like it.

Thanks!

2 hours ago, m42b32 said:

That looks fantastic!

Awesome thanks!

26 minutes ago, KaiserRolls said:

Needs more fender exit exhaust on a cut out

I have been pondering this for awhile now. I was thinking straight out the rear in the middle, or on the side above the rockers on the rear quarter.

IMG_4612_BlackGraphix_Sode Exhaust.jpg

2 hours ago, The Full Banana said:

Very nice. That's the best part so far. Do it!

3 hours ago, GunMetalGrey said:

I really dig those graphics, I also love the matte/satin black on the gloss black. Subtle but just right. 
Maybe add some bright green pin striping to critical areas? 

You guys convinced me, it looks like I have some vinyl to start cutting.

4 hours ago, patsbimmer1 said:

Just the bosozoku exhaust style.  Not the whole shebang!

Oh. Yeah I am not opposed to something like that, but I want to try and keep the rear of the car free of anything important. That way if I hit a wall, I can keep going(hopefully) IMG_4612_BlackGraphixwheels.jpg

I also am buying earls old centerlines and selling mine. Most likely going on this car. I shittily photoshopped them on above.

Well, if you are going that route...at least put them in front for some ramming protection

3rFsJkJ.jpg

I was thinking more, since you have the red theme, something like this 

https://www.amazon.com/Red-Devil-Horns-for-Cars/dp/B00IMM5R92

You know, make em light up if you want to get all ridiculous with it.

Or, since apparently 'tis the season already 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B011XM9EKA/ref=sspa_dk_detail_2?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B011XM9EKA&pd_rd_wg=dJhX5&pd_rd_r=ZX3MDVFBK11MRHMYYEP7&pd_rd_w=eGHnK

3 minutes ago, stealthbimmer said:

I was thinking more, since you have the red theme, something like this 

https://www.amazon.com/Red-Devil-Horns-for-Cars/dp/B00IMM5R92

You know, make em light up if you want to get all ridiculous with it.

Or, since apparently 'tis the season already 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B011XM9EKA/ref=sspa_dk_detail_2?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B011XM9EKA&pd_rd_wg=dJhX5&pd_rd_r=ZX3MDVFBK11MRHMYYEP7&pd_rd_w=eGHnK

HAHAHHHA I have never seen those little horns before. How silly. I would do that if I actually had legitimate plates on the car.

Speaking of which, I applied for another set of hobbyist plates yesterday for this thing. So when they show up in January I can finally "LEGALLY" drive the car come February! 

• 2 weeks later...

Added some of the matte/ gloss vinyl and used the car to haul some wooden tire racks I built.

Blew the PS line apart again. Of course it happened right when I got into the shop. ughhhhhhhhhhhh.

Where can I go to get a custom line made? I really dont want to use AN fittings and this is super annoying. the place that I took this too makes HP hydro lines and they said this should hold 1000 PSI. LIESSSSSSS 

IMG_5237.JPG

18 hours ago, HipMF said:

I will ask around at work tomorrow. Pretty sure I remember someone talking about a local place that does custom hydraulic hoses cheap.

Please do!!!!.

I know that most auto parts stores have a press that can make them behind the counter, but this line they were unable to make. Once I get it out of the car I will post a picture of the actual line. Its half OEM Ford and half OEM BMW.

3 hours ago, Jdesign said:

Please do!!!!.

I know that most auto parts stores have a press that can make them behind the counter, but this line they were unable to make. Once I get it out of the car I will post a picture of the actual line. Its half OEM Ford and half OEM BMW.

No one knew what I was talking about, so I must have made the whole thing up. Only suggestions I got were to check the farm equipment/bobcat places. Maybe call one of the equipment rental places and ask them where they go for stuff like that?

On 11/22/2017 at 5:55 PM, HipMF said:

No one knew what I was talking about, so I must have made the whole thing up. Only suggestions I got were to check the farm equipment/bobcat places. Maybe call one of the equipment rental places and ask them where they go for stuff like that?

Yeah. So since I am located on the outskirts of Madison surrounded by farms, the auto parts store by me makes hydro lines, but could not make the line I need. They suggested Hyquip, which was a good suggestion, but they couldn't make it either. Instead they suggested doing what I did, and sold me some fittings, but it still continues to fail. :/

I've gone both routes before with success either way. I can see the fittings failing if they are the standard sort of AN fitting, but proper high pressure reusable PS fittings have worked really well for me. I bought high pressure power steering fittings and hose on ebay and made my own line on my first swap (which I put about 13,000 miles on). The second time around I went to Hyquip on 124th in Butler and had them make a similar line, but with crimp fittings, while I waited (and that one has 3,000 miles or so on it now). Why wouldn't Hyquip do it?

1 hour ago, The Full Banana said:

I've gone both routes before with success either way. I can see the fittings failing if they are the standard sort of AN fitting, but proper high pressure reusable PS fittings have worked really well for me. I bought high pressure power steering fittings and hose on ebay and made my own line on my first swap (which I put about 13,000 miles on). The second time around I went to Hyquip on 124th in Butler and had them make a similar line, but with crimp fittings, while I waited (and that one has 3,000 miles or so on it now). Why wouldn't Hyquip do it?

Its because of the type of fittings I assume? Hyquip in Madison didn't stock anything in the sizes I needed. Maybe I will look online to make my own. I also have a really low non-existent budget, so at this point I might just spend the money on AN fittings and line so I never have to touch it again. Spending 20 mins cleaning a huge mess on the floor gets old FAST.

On 11/21/2017 at 1:52 PM, Jdesign said:

Added some of the matte/ gloss vinyl and used the car to haul some wooden tire racks I built.

Blew the PS line apart again. Of course it happened right when I got into the shop. ughhhhhhhhhhhh.

Where can I go to get a custom line made? I really dont want to use AN fittings and this is super annoying. the place that I took this too makes HP hydro lines and they said this should hold 1000 PSI. LIESSSSSSS 

IMG_5237.JPG

Message chase bays, they make custom lines as well as pre made kits for some stuff. Unfortunately they usually take awhile but the products are so good lol

27 minutes ago, Tkuhn said:

Message chase bays, they make custom lines as well as pre made kits for some stuff. Unfortunately they usually take awhile but the products are so good lol

Ehhhh. Thanks for the suggestion, but not worth it. I dont have anything against chase bays but I rather do it locally, not spend what they would charge, and risk errors and deal with waiting and shipping it back etc. 

Parker might be able to make it, im going to try there next. I wasn't aware until last night there there was a Parker store a few blocks from Hyquip. Weird they didnt send me there. :lol: