WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

FuturisticConcept Art BMW E36 with a V8 on a bottom dollar budget

Jdesign

On 8/26/2017 at 2:49 PM, Snap said:

Crazy how all that crap came out. I wonder if it would be even worse if you backflowed them

I like the font,

Heres something I found that I like too

17f49518975ab94c6fede10b7b005edf.png

Its futuristic to me since the characters are almost a shorthand/advanced and efficient version of standard characters

Yeah it was a lot more than I expected. I don't think back flowing would make a difference(but that's an assumption). There were filters on the back side (that I replaced) and the spray pattern was perfect afterwards. all the deposits were on the engine side of them.

Do you know the name of that font by chance?

12 hours ago, HipMF said:

I once read an article that explained how a speak and spell actually works. Amazing what they were able to given the technology available at the time.

Anyway, found this today. I'll just leave it here:

tumblr_os83w2yLOS1qkbpm3o1_1280.jpg

Khyzyl Saleem is a talented guy.

11 hours ago, Snap said:

Damn you. now I am looking up information on doing this.

------------------

Anyways, I got a lot done last night. Pretty much have to install the distributor and time the engine and we should be good for round 2. I really want to get out to at least one event this year with this contraption.

Here is a quick comparison of the old vs. new for the injector seals/pintle caps/filters

IMG_4295.JPG

And here is a comparison of the injectors all cleaned up inside and out.

IMG_4290.JPG

All new O-rings, pintle caps, and filters. what a beautiful thing.

IMG_4296.JPG

I will note that I got 5 total replacement injectors and learned quite a bit more than I expected about ford injectors. Turns out they have many variations due to the application. (EX: trucks were different than the cars)  Each of the 5 injectors I got for replacements (all from different sources) were not the same as what was in the car. Here is a chart for the types of injectors that could be installed:

injector chart.JPG

With that, the ones that are in the car are F1ZE-C2A  which are 208cc/min-19.8lb/hr. The closest, best flowing replacement I had was F0TE-C3A which is 208cc/min-20lb/hr. So slight variation but I highly doubt it will matter. It will certainly be much better than just dumping fuel at all times. LOL

Here are some pics of the intake all back together, painted and completely installed with new hoses, new gaskets, and sub harness. AS I mentioned I still need to install the dizzy which takes some knowledge and a blinking light from what I am told. Silly ford. 

IMG_4301.JPGIMG_4299.JPG

4 minutes ago, Snap said:

I love how the manifold turned out. I also spy some Mount Gay Bum in the engine bay.
I don't drink but I lived in Barbados for 6 months and saw bottles of it regularly

Wait you lived in Barbados?!? and yes, you don't have to be a sailor to know that Mount Gay is the best!!

1 hour ago, Snap said:

Yep,

1 year in Trinidad & Tobago

6 months in Barbados

5 months in Antigua

4 months in rural Guyana

3 weeks before I came home I nearly caught a bullet with my head. Bullets make quite an interesting sound when they fly that close to your ears.

Had some pretty interesting experiences there for sure

How was the traffick?

Image result for it's alive gif

Installed the distributor and timed the engine last night. Took it for a drive immediately. HOLY SHeeeet. Feels like a completely different car. Smoother RPM range, Smoovvvver idle, all the things more better. Now I can get back to the business of attaching novelty items to the car to make it more "Phuturistc"!

I also installed a NOS vintage(1972 bought by my Dad in 1973) Sun tachometer because V8 and the digital one on the dash is impossible to read.

It fit perfect with slight "modification" to the cluster. :lol:

IMG_4330.JPGIMG_4332.JPGIMG_4333.JPGIMG_4329.JPG

More Burnout videos to come. Next super important task is to weld the diff and finally install the handbrake.

12 hours ago, Snap said:

Looking forward to meeting the beast next month

Good! I cant wait either, the Devils Drive will be awesome.

1 hour ago, YoungCR said:

That tach is so cool! Glad you ended up using it

Yeah its really sweet. I wasnt going to use it if it was collectible, but its turns out its really not and you can still buy them new. I have an install video thats hilarious. Alcohol and a 4" hole saw straight to the gauge cluster is always a good time. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-60s-Sun-Super-Tach-10-000-RPM-used-untested/272825393516?_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20150313114020%26meid%3De3b7b60e44414ac8a04aa062973b9851%26pid%3D100338%26rk%3D4%26rkt%3D30%26sd%3D112544422992&_trksid=p2141725.c100338.m3726

25 minutes ago, AlpineE30 said:

Man I just went through this whole thread. SO BADASS. 

HA! Glad you are digging it. Thanks man!

Paxton is a brand of supercharger developed by Bill Paxton of "Twister" cinema fame.

The knowledge he gained from studying cyclones for his movie role combined with the successful deployment of the Dorothy measurement probes into the eye of an F5 tornado provided him with enough data to eventually pursue the development of the Paxton line of superchargers.

8742134_orig.jpg